ABOUT BLINKNOW FOUNDATION- A world where every child is educated, safe and loved.
The BlinkNow Foundation is a 501(c)(3) based in New Jersey which, through its country office in Nepal, oversees programs in rural Nepal including a school, a children’s home, and a women’s training center. We do this with our local implementing partner, Kopila Valley Sewa Samaj, and through close ties with the local community. The two organizations work in partnership, with BlinkNow serving as the International Non-Governmental Organization (INGO) whose primary role is to provide funding and oversight, and Kopila Valley Sewa Samaj serving as the local Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) whose job is to implement programs. Our mission is to change the world by empowering Nepal’s children.
Every day we strive to create a sustainable organization working to educate all of Kopila’s children until they are ready to enter the world as happy, skilled, confident, self-sufficient, and English-speaking adults. We believe we can serve as a model for quality education in Nepal. We will strive to provide our children with scholarships (should they choose to pursue higher education), and the skills required to enter the world as global citizens, and ambassadors for change.
OVERVIEW OF THIS ROLE
The BlinkNow Nepal Communications Officer will be responsible for organizing internal and external communications of BlinkNow Foundation’s Nepal office and programs professionally and in compliance with the relevant policies. S/he will have an integral role in the public perception of the BlinkNow brand, and will be responsible for content collection and development, ensuring digital presence, providing donor stewardship material, and supporting our communications team as we tell the story of Kopila Valley. This role will report to our Communications Director, and work closely with the BlinkNow teams in both the US and Nepal.
- Serve as the communications lead in Nepal, collaborating with partner organizations, contractors, and team to ensure high-quality, timely collection of materials for internal and external communication needs.
- Work to support and build the BlinkNow brand through written and visual communication materials, supporting our marketing and development work.
- Coordinate BlinkNow Nepal’s communications work internally and support the partner organization with its communications needs.
DETAILED JOB ROLE
Serve as the communications lead in Nepal, collaborating with partner organizations, contractors, and team to ensure high-quality, timely collection of materials for internal and external communication needs.
- Serving as communications team point-of-contact for all programs area leads and community members, conducting interviews, and tracking program stories for communication purpose
- Maintaining schedule of campus and program events, ensuring proper communications team coverage
- Serving as the main photographer for the BlinkNow communications team, taking pictures of all relevant events as per the organizational policy.
- Providing leadership and support for Communications Content Officer and communications volunteers or interns in Nepal.
- Serving as point-of-contact for contractors or visiting journalists in Nepal.
- Seeking PR opportunities locally, nationally, and internationally.
- Ensuring that the organization’s protocols are used while collecting (interview, photo, video), and the content is saved securely.
- Ensuring digital records of BlinkNow's work are maintained in an organized, cloud-based system
Work to support and build the BlinkNow brand through written and visual communication materials, supporting our marketing and development work.
- Creating content for all social media platforms of BlinkNow foundation.
- Providing relevant team members with robust content from Nepal, in coordination with Social Media Consultants and Communications Content.
- Managing the content development requests while staying current on campus and home events and highlights.
- Writing blog posts and media pieces for both Nepali and international audiences.
- Supporting the communications Director with the collection of communications content
- Providing donor stewardship videos and other thank-you messages from Nepal for our supporters around the world, as requested by the development team
- Being involved with annual communications strategy and planning, providing support with logistics where required
- Utilizing all BlinkNow platforms and software to create compelling communications materials including written narratives, photos, and video.
- Planning, shooting, and editing engaging videography content for external and internal use.
Coordinate BlinkNow Nepal’s communications work internally and support the partner organization with its communications needs.
- Coordinating with the team members of the implementing partner and supporting the program staff on the ground with their communications and photography requirements.
- Supporting internal communications best practices; research, implement, and share with the larger Nepal-based team.
- Supporting the team with editing the articles for publication.
- Coordinating the Nepal based media outlets, to get the organization’s reports published, interviews of the relevant officials scheduled.
- Preparing the quarterly report of the BlinkNow’s work in Nepal in coordination with the relevant team members for sharing with the government and other stakeholders.
- Supporting Nepal-based external relations and partnership team members as needed.
Education: Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Mass Communications or relevant discipline
Experience: Minimum 3 years of proven experience
Language: Fluent in English and Nepali
Other Qualifications: Good communicator, team player, initiator and can work with least supervision.
- You believe that we can change the world, in the blink of an eye
- You believe in making decisions that put children first
- You are self-motivated, organized, and approachable
- You enjoy creating systems, keeping records, and increasing efficiency
- You are always looking for new ways for our team to work smarter instead of harder
- You are detail-oriented and conscientious. You make sure nothing slips through the cracks
- You have a strong work ethic and a willingness to pick up new skills. You are comfortable multi-tasking
- You are experienced and comfortable talking with a wide range of people from nursery children to government ministers
- You are positive, patient, and a clear communicator who is comfortable working with both Kopila Valley staff in Nepal and the BlinkNow staff in the United States
- You are an empathetic person, with a knack for putting out fires before they start and soothing conflicts brewing beneath the surface
- You require little supervision and are flexible. You understand that you will be wearing many hats in this role, many of which are not explicitly included in this job description
The above list of responsibilities is not comprehensive, and the Communications Officer may be required to take on additional responsibilities, as determined by his/her Manager.
If you think this opportunity will amplify your career growth, we encourage you to apply by clicking "Apply for this job" and submit all required documents.
Note: No telephone inquiries will be entertained. If your application is a good fit, we will follow up with you directly for the screening process.