At Pula, we are radically restructuring agricultural insurance, using technology to insure the previously
unbanked, uninsured, untapped market of 1.5 billion smallholders worldwide.
We work in over 17 countries across Africa and Asia, and by 2021, we have facilitated crop insurance
cover to over 5.3 million farmers across Kenya, India, Rwanda, Uganda, Nigeria, Mali, Senegal, Zambia,
Ethiopia, Madagascar, Tanzania, and Malawi. Since raising our Series A our operations have expanded
globally including now Asia and Latin America.
Pula is a fast-paced space, constantly adapting to new opportunities and challenges and we are made up
of a high-performance, multi-cultural team. We expect our team to value performance, results and
At Pula, we are:
● Obsessed with results: We are responsible for our future and therefore we get things done!
● Connect the Dots: We continuously identify different customer needs & business problems and
build solutions that deliver value.
● Have a Can-do Attitude! We dare to do things differently to make things work.
● We have each other’s back: We look out for each other & we share high-quality, timely
feedback that makes us better.
Duties And Responsibilities:
- Client Management
○ Attending all recurring meetings internally and with the client's support team to enhance
cordial relationships and customer satisfaction. Hence, a high and smooth Renewal rate.
○ Specifically ensuring that Crop Development Reports, and mid-season and end-season
reports are generated timely and in the formats that the client required and presented to
them. This enhances customer satisfaction and ensures a smooth payout process.
○ Maintain a proper client data sheet that includes critical client details- like when the
budget is drawn and approved, to enhance timeliness in pitching to them, especially on
collating all complaints from the client during the season and ensuring that all are
captured while payout reporting is made.
○ Train the clients and the stakeholders
○ Manage the customer accounts while the CM/CD is away on leave.
○ Managing and improving sales tools and processes e.g the CRM.
○ Assisting with administrative tasks such as requisitions, workshop preparation
- Administration Support
○ Support the line manager in writing meeting notes on the proper tool, recording the
meeting, and filing the notes/recordings in the client folder.
○ Liaising with relevant teams internally to ensure that clients and commercial managers
have accurate and reliable information.