Company Profile: candi is a dedicated PV focused renewable energy company for businesses across Asia and Africa. We bring together international capital, through our Swiss-based platform, and local expertise in order to provide a unique offering to this unserved sector. In doing so, candi aims to have a big social impact, reduce carbon emissions, create jobs, increase energy access, and save money for businesses of all sizes in emerging markets. www.candi.solar
Job Summary: The company is looking to recruit an ambitious and energetic person to take on the Commercial Asset Management role within South Africa, who will help candi to further deliver premium solar solutions. Given that candi is taking solar into a new realm with a new set of tools, the role will require creativity, innovation and proactive involvement.
The job requires taking ownership of the following for the South African team:
- Own the commercial contract management between candi and customer
- Maintain contract related information & terms in candi CRM software
- Coordinate data required for billing & financial model management with finance department
- Support asset management with service provider / supplier commercial discussions & contracts
- Deliver customer reporting, contract extensions & other contract amendments
- Arrange & manage plant insurance and manage equipment warranties
- Own commercial asset management KPIs for internal reporting
- Coordinate onboarding of customer during project acceptance & operational start period
- Own the customer relationship during contract life
- Be proactive and keep close customer contact driving delivery of the customer success journey
- Own feedback of customer & commercial learnings to concerned teams
- Within close proximity of Johannesburg
- Flexibility to work from home on a regular basis (hybrid work)
- Regular travel to candi customers, sites and candi offices in South Africa
Hours: Full time (five days per week)
- A relevant tertiary qualification
- 3+ years PV industry or related industry work experience in commercial asset management / contract management / customer management / technical account management
- Interested in ensuring commercial compliance while driving customer satisfaction through positive and proactive customer engagements
- Good understanding of general commercial terms, contract and account management
- Interested in and able to communicate technical PV Solar and energy industry terms related to plant performance, system technical & financial modeling and commercial benefits.
- Desire to work in an international environment, sharing ideas and learnings across borders and cultures
Working Culture Requirements:
- You agree to live out the candi values every day of your employment: this includes to put empathy before ego, being authentic no matter what, that we work as one and follow the candi principle that less is more
- A dynamic, cross-functional team player, willing to take initiative on projects in the context of a multicultural scale-up trying to execute big, bold ideas.
- Having experience working for an international company, or having studied or worked abroad, is considered a plus.
- You must be open, honest, trustworthy, a strong communicator, and understand that what we get done as a team surpasses what we get done individually.
- candi is an equal opportunities employer.
candi is unique because...
- We focus on helping businesses of all sizes in emerging markets get access to cheap, clean rooftop solar energy.
- We have a strong emphasis on a client-centric & innovation-driven working culture.
- We are an international team where remote working is commonplace, where we trust our team members to actively carve out a role for themselves according to their skillset.
Only qualified candidates will be contacted.