Commercial Asset Management
Company Profile: candi is a dedicated rooftop solar company for C&I sector across Asia and Africa. We bring together international capital, through our Swiss-based platform, and local expertise in order to provide a unique offering to this underserved sector. In doing so, candi aims to have a big social impact, reduce carbon emissions, create jobs, increase energy access, and save money for small businesses in emerging markets. www.candi.solar
Job Summary: The company is looking to strengthen its commercial asset management team (contracts and customer success) with an experienced professional, who will help candi to lead the revolution of solar for C&I sector. candi is focused on making solar accessible to C&I institutions and the role requires experience and openness in dealing with small corporate counterparties. We are looking for someone with experience in commercial operations and customer management in India. Given the global footprint of candi, the individual should also be interested in familiarizing themselves with product solutions and deliverables related to the same. This job further offers interested individuals the opportunity to gain insight into and participate in the driving long term relationships with the customers.
Specifically, the job requires taking ownership of the following:
- Dealing with different quality of customer contracts, analysis of collections, identifying gaps and working towards solutions through a seamless connect with the customers
- Taking a view in situations of limited information and giving solid motivation of the same
- Assessing commercial risks during the contract life cycles
- On board new customers after the commercial operation kick off of the solar plants and further maintain the relationships
- Coordinate with the technical team for smooth joint meter reading operations
- Engaging with the customers for contract amendments / extensions and deemed generation claims
- Engaging in training of other departments on risk issues to establish a company-wide sentiment
- Effectively log the customer complaints and carry out cross functional coordination for the resolution through continual tracking
- Spearhead the insurance management processes for operational assets and coordinate for claim settlements
- Supporting the Lead of Asset Management in the further advancement and improvement of in-house management tools
Location: Pune, Occasional client-related travel may be required.
Hours: Full time
- 5+ years’ experience in contract and customer relationship management in India, ideally with a focus on corporate customers as consumers of renewable energy
- Excellent understanding of financial and contractual aspects, ability to identify key risk issues and communicate on it in concise manner
- Familiarity with Electricity board regulations and billing methodologies
- Excellent knowledge of Excel and openness to other data analysis programs
- Experience or know-how in data analysis
- Excellent spoken and written English
Working Culture Requirements:
- You agree to live out the candi values every day of your employment: this includes always being polite, being authentic, being a team player and working by the candi principle that Less is More.
- A cross-functional team player, with appetite for a dynamic start-up environment, willing to take initiative on projects in a multicultural company working to scale-up and execute big, bold ideas
- Experience in working for an international company, or having studied or worked abroad, considered an advantage
- You must be open, honest, trustworthy, a strong communicator, and understand that what we get done as a team surpasses what we get done individually
- candi is an equal opportunities employer
candi is unique because...
- We focus on helping SMEs in emerging markets get access to cheap, clean rooftop solar energy
- We have a strong emphasis on a client-centric & innovation-driven working culture
- We are an international team where remote working is commonplace, where we trust our team members to actively carve out a role for themselves according to their skillset
Only qualified candidates will be contacted.