The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
As Commercial Contracts Facilitator at Xylem, a world leader in water solutions technology, you will perform a key role and will be responsible for supporting our QS in the commercial and contractual management of projects within our team. You will work closely with internal teams including engineering, legal, sales, finance, procurement, logistics, service and rental, and aftermarket teams, as well as external customers and suppliers.
This is a remote home office-based role.
Key responsibilities include:
- Negotiating contract terms with customers and internal teams, with a focus on understanding and addressing any potential biases
- Analyzing and providing commentary on customer sub-contract details, with an emphasis on diversity and inclusiveness
- Supporting Project Managers with advice throughout the scheme life-cycle, including documentation and notification to customers, with a focus on diversity and inclusion in the project team
- Tracking site progress against contract sum analyses, with a focus on understanding and addressing any potential biases
- Acting as a point of liaison for payment queries and contract or invoice disputes, with an emphasis on diversity and inclusiveness
- Providing technical customer support, with a focus on understanding and addressing any potential biases
- Collaborating with other departments to ensure compliance with company requirements, including those related to diversity and inclusion
Key qualifications and experience include:
- Degree or professional qualification in a relevant discipline
- Commercial or legal background and experience with contracts.
- Knowledge of standard contract forms and contract law, with working knowledge of construction commercial contracts
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills, with an ability to work effectively with a diverse range of stakeholders
- Strong organizational and prioritizing skills
- Ability to deal with customers and suppliers in difficult contractual situations, with a focus on understanding and addressing any potential biases
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and other IT skills, with an understanding of the importance of diversity and inclusion in these areas
Xylem is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace. We are seeking a skilled professional with a commercial or legal background to join our team as a Commercial & Contracts Facilitator and support our efforts to promote diversity and inclusion in our projects. Xylem values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, as well as opportunities for career advancement.
If you are interested in joining our team and have the skills and experience we are looking for, please submit your application today.