The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
The Collections Analyst plays an important role in supporting business growth across Xylem Europe. In this role you will work with customer collection processes across the region. Timely feedback to other departments and the sales team is critical for this position. This role reports to the Collections Team Leader and provides support to the finance teams and other key stakeholders for the units assigned.
This role requires an enthusiastic and highly motivated professional capable of working in a fast paced environment while collaborating with various business stakeholders in administering the day-to-day operation of Xylem’s Global Finance program.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Reduce the Account receivable position and achieve the AR KPI`s according to the Group targets
- Create a real Cash culture within the Sales organization, keeping the financial objectives
- Day to day collection activities (calls, meetings, etc.) for assigned portfolio of customers
- Apply the Group Credit Policy and support the standardization of financial processes across the company
- Manage collection activities and implementation of action plans where needed to lower customers Account Receivable balances
- Assist the provider in gathering remittances and access to customer portals
- Partner and build relationships with other O2C functions (i.e., cash applications, and customer master data) and colleagues in local business units (i.e., customer service, order management and or sales) and with customers as needed to resolve issues.
- Support audit requests and month end close activities as needed
- Gather feedback from relevant stakeholders and make recommendations for technological and process improvement
- Other tasks, duties and responsibilities as assigned (i.e., back-up other team members as needed, etc.)
Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Business, or related field, plus a minimum of 2 years of relevant experience in a Corporate Finance environment associate degree plus a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience
- Previous experience working with Order-to-Cash is required
- Prior experience and knowledge of regional & global credit bureaus (i.e., Dunn & Bradstreet, Soliditte, Equifax, etc.) is preferred
- Fluent level of written and spoken English, additional language skills preferred
- An understanding of relevant legislation, policies, and procedures in the specific countries in the region
- Experience in a Regional and or Global environment
- Demonstrate both the ability and motivation to work collaboratively in a team environment, across regions and functions, as well as working independently with minimal oversight.
- Self-starter who can prioritize tasks and manage deadlines, navigate and be successful in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment.
- Excellent analytical skills demonstrating an ability to identify root cause, generating, and evaluating alternatives, and implementing solutions.
- Proficiency in MS Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
Desired system skills:
- Previous knowledge of any of the following: AS400/Steeb, Getpaid, Emagia, Salesforce/ServiceMax