The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
The primary functions of the position are to:
- Perform pump selections based on customer application data.
- Produce and submit quotations for Xylem pumps on clean water applications.
- Support the production team with any queries or design change requests along with discussing any changes with customers when required.
- Become fluent in using the pricing and scheduling tools
- Building a knowledge base of clean water products including pumps, motors, VSDs, ancillaries and spare parts
- Prioritising enquiries to ensure maximum customer satisfaction and sales
- Supply customers with high level of service and detail via phone calls and e-mails
As an integral part of the Internal Sales Team you would take part in the following:
- Evaluating and analysing customer enquiries, specifications and application data.
- Conducting product selections, pricing, preparing and submitting tenders by the required return date.
- Liaising with other internal/external departments, as necessary, to obtain the required information and data to complete tender submissions.
- Reviewing customer Terms and Conditions and referring back to the Senior Commercial Manager, wherever there is a variance within standard department limitation clauses and practices.
- Preparing quotations for Framework supply, including full specification and high complexity projects.
- Liaising with the customer, Field Sales Engineers and Area Sales Managers in order to obtain sufficient information to enable the creation of a compliant quotation and, therefore, to maximise opportunities in receiving an order within the current margin guide lines.
- Reviewing customer orders prior to order acknowledgement to ensure details are accurate.
- Assist the Company in maintaining a high standard of Health and Safety at Work in accordance with the current legislation and policies as laid down by Xylem Water Solutions UK Ltd.
- Build a relationship of trust through peers and management team under a flexible working pattern from home
- Previous experience of working within an engineering environment, ideally the water industry
- Experience working with bespoke systems (Quote, AS400, Salesforce)
- Educated to Degree Level in an Engineering discipline.
- Experience within a customer service role dealing with a high volume of enquiries / orders and or complaints
- Literate in spoken and written English.
- Calm, considered and diligent in approach
- Presentable, polite and well mannered
- Would suit a design/applications engineer looking to move into a more commercial role.