Reporting to: Communications Manager
Department: Corporate Affairs
Job Location: Santiago, Chile
Travel Requiered: Frequent travel to sites in Chile
Mainstream Renewable Power is the leading independent developer of utility-scale wind and solar power plants. The company is focused on delivering a high-quality portfolio of more than seven gigawatts of wind and solar assets in high-growth markets in Latin America, Africa and Asia.
In Chile, Mainstream has 1.3 GW of fully contracted wind and solar projects in operation, under construction or in late-stage development, due to its unprecedented success in government tenders.
The Senior Communications Specialist is a Communications professional (Journalist, Bachelor of Science in Communications or related).
He or she must have at least 8 years of work experience. Ideally, he/she should have worked in industrial or utilities companies, mass media, have experience in corporate communications and crisis management at the communicational level.
The candidate must be available to travel to projects on a weekly basis. He/she will report directly to the Communications Manager and must work in alignment and teamwork with the head of Internal Communications, facilitating synergy between both lines of corporate communication.
- Generate and maintain relationships with local and regional media.
- Identify reputational risks that may affect the projects and define and implement management measures.
- Identify and implement communication initiatives that contribute to the company's reputation in the territory.
- Prepare written notes for internal and external use, press releases, Q&A, project minutes, notes for audiovisual format and elaboration of support material for media.
What will you do?
- Identify and manage reputational risks of the project and territory.
- Identify key local stakeholders at a communicational level by project.
- Define with the Coomunications Manager the communications strategy by project.
- Generate and maintain active and trustful links with key local stakeholders at project communications level.
- Identify and generate local support networks with local media and others.
- Generate and update database of communication stakeholders by region.
- Coordinate and manage communication requirements of the projects.
- Collaborate with project teams in the preparation of communication material in their different processes.
- Elaborate discursive guidelines for project contingencies and crises (Q&A, project minutes, key messages, press releases).
- Prepare reports and keep updated monthly records associated with their management.
What do we need?
The candidate should be equipped with the following key skills:
Educational, knowledge and experience background:
- Journalist, Social Communicator or related career with more than 8 years of work experience. Who has worked in industrial or utilities companies, media and/or corporate communication.
- Experience in media relations at local and regional level.
- Experience in crisis management at a communicational level.
- Full English desirable.
Soft skills and organizational adjustment:
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to maintain good relationships with people inside and outside the company.
- Ability to solve problems, prioritize tasks and work autonomously.
- Good organizational skills. Orderly person
- Able to think strategically and prioritize tasks.
- Able to plan activities while maintaining a long-term vision.
- Able to analyze problems and propose a viable solution.
- Have the initiative to propose work methodologies.
- Courteous and respectful manner.
- Able to maintain respect and trust with others.
- Able to work as part of a team and work collaboratively.
- Able to communicate clearly with varied groups of people.
Willing to travel:
- Based in Santiago with availability to travel permanently to projects in Chile.
What we offer?
We offer you the opportunity to work in a dynamic and entrepreneurial organisation, in a growing market in a fast paced industry. You will receive a very competitive total benefits package including an excellent base salary and bonus scheme.