Summary of the Role:
Andes Mainstream Renewable Power has embarked on the first phase of a 3 year, $2bn construction plan and development a Potfolio of 2700 MW in development phase. The company is looking for a Senior Development Project Manager who will lead and manage reneable energy projects throughout all development phases until financial close and handing over the project to a Construction Project Manager. For this, the Senior Development Project Manager will coordinate with both internal and external skateholder en ensure and efficiente and high level quality development that is in accordance with Mainstream’s Global Development Standards. The successful candidate will join the Development Department and will report directly to the Portfolio Project Development Manager in Chile.
What you will do? [Key Responsibilities and Activities]:
As Senior Development Project Manager, you will be responsible primarily for managing projects through its development phases up to financial close is achieved, when the projects are handed over to the Construction Project Manager. Your key responsibilities comprise of the following:
- Be responsible for an efficiente and high quality level of reneable energy projects in coordination with internal and external stakeholders and in accordance with Mainstream’s Global Development Standards
- Manage the project through its development until financial close process
- Coordinate and lead a multidiplinary team of specialist that will support the development of each projects. This includes areas such as environmental, engineering, communities, among others.
- Controlle the project budget and schedule to ensure a efficient execution of activities throughout the development phases.
- Lead and coordinate the relationship with landowners and other stakeholders until financial close.
- Support the preparation of the engineering package with the engineering team.
- Preparing the procurement package with the procurement team to tender for the construction contracts.
- Support the review opportunities for wind, solar, and other renewbale energy projects in Chile and Latam
- Closing out any development issues to the point where the project can pass financial close test.
- Participate and support any actitives that is considered relevant for the development area leadership.
For the above you will need to:
- Liaise and cooperate with other functional and regional teams.
- Engaging, coordinate and support technical consultants.
- Coordinate the preliminary engineering, environmental licenses and grid connection processes during development and preconstruction phase
- Liaise and cooperate with external parties – banks, independent engineers, contractors, authorities, etc.
- Significant autonomy in work, but a strong reporting and approval process using Mainstream’s procedures and processes (based on PMI® PMBOK®)
- Interaction with the relevant in-house teams – solar & wind analysis, GIS, engineering, grid connection, environmental, permits and construction
- Participate in company knowledge sharing groups which focus on sharing of expertise globally.
What we require? [Key Skills, Knowledge and Experience]
- A high standard of commitment with Safety, assuming safety as a priority value in all its task and responsibilities. (Mandatory).
- Our preferred candidate will be educated to engineering degree level, with 7+ years of working experience in development of renewable Projects.
- Managing project development and construction experience in power generation industry, specifically in renewable energies is an advantage.
- Strong project management skill set required including contract management, contract administration, scheduling, planning, financial control and management.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Candidates should be comfortable presenting to management at all levels.
- Candidates should be capable of managing internal and external resources.
- Ability to use Microsoft software as well as specialist software packages such as AutoCAD, MS Project and SharePoint.
- Fluency in English & Spanish.
- Certification as Project Management Professional (PMP) is an advantage.
- Project safety –implementing and enforcing Mainstream’s SHEQ processes and procedures.
- Overall project leadership through the relationship with your contractors and consultants.
What we offer?
We offer you the opportunity to work in a dynamic and entrepreneurial organisation, in a growing market in a fast paced industry. You will receive a very competitive total benefits package including an excellent base salary, bonus scheme.