- Reporting to: Maintenance Manager
- Department: O&M. Technical Services
- Job Location: Santiago
- Travel Required: Nacional. – 40%
Mainstream Renewable Power is the leading independent developer of utility-scale wind and solar power plants. The company is focused on delivering a high-quality portfolio of more than seven gigawatts of wind and solar assets across high-growth markets in Latin America, Africa and Asia.
In South Africa, Mainstream has been awarded a total of 848 megawatts of wind and solar projects under the Government’s renewable energy procurement programme since the first round in 2011, making it the country’s most successful independent renewable energy developer. The company is currently operating 360MW and constructing a further 250MW of wind farm projects which are due to reach commercial operation in 2020.
In Chile, Mainstream owns 1.3GW of fully contracted wind and solar projects in operation, in construction or at latestage development, due to its unprecedented success in government auctions. In Asia, the company is developing large-scale projects in Vietnam and the Philippines. Mainstream has raised more than €1.6bn in project finance to date and employs 160 staff across four continents.
Summary of Role:
Mainstream Renewable Power is looking for a Protection and Control Maintenance Specialist for its Renewable Power Plants. The role includes coordinating activities related to the protection, control and systems maintenance of its facilities, power substations and park. Must have experience in administration of protection, control, SCADA and technical systems. The management of contractor personnel on site, control of safety, health and environment aspects is part of the functions.
What you will do?
- Maintain the protection and control systems of the MRP parks.
- Keep updated the databases and configurations of the control systems of the MRP substations.
- Coordinate protection and control maintenance work in wind and photovoltaic parks.
- Coordination of maintenance works in the substations of the park.
- Review and analyze failure reports of the wind farms, ensuring regulatory and operational compliance of the plants.
- Propose corrective actions in case of failures to restore the operating conditions of the plants.
- Ensure the proper functioning of the protection and control systems of the plants in accordance with technical and regulatory requirements.
- Ensure the correct adjustment of electrical protections in accordance with regulatory requirements, ECAP and manufacturers.
- Provide technical advice to internal teams in the construction and commissioning stages of new parks.
- Advise and recommend practices to contractor companies in preventive and corrective maintenance tasks of protection and control systems.
- Support technical staff in technical risk activities in equipment and systems to restore continuity of service.
What we require?
- Electrical, Electronic, Engineer or equivalent, with more than 8 years of experience in operation and maintenance of wind farms, generation plants, substations and high voltage lines.
- Deep knowledge in control systems, SCADA and telecommunications.
- Domain in configuration and parameterization of electrical protections
- Experience in commissioning protection and control systems for electrical substations.
- Experience in maintenance and electrical testing of primary equipment and systems
- Knowledge of the main components of a wind / solar power plant.
- Understanding of the main key performance indicators in a wind / solar power plant.
- Excellent skills to work under pressure, attention to detail, without losing the broader scope.
- Organized, efficient and good at prioritizing tasks, delivering on time and quality.
- Good IT skills, including experience with the MS Office suite and Sharepoint.
- The English language is an advantage.
What we offer?
We offer you the opportunity to work in a dynamic and entrepreneurial organisation, in a growing market in a fast paced industry. You will receive a very competitive total benefits package including an excellent base salary and bonus scheme.