- Reporting to: Investment Senior Manager Latam
- Department: Finance
- Job Location: Santiago Chile Office
- Travel Required: Yes, International
Mainstream Renewable Power is a leading developer of renewable energy projects worldwide focusing on onshore and offshore wind projects as well as emerging renewable technologies. Mainstream will construct and operate renewable energy assets globally and is committed to delivering its projects to the highest safety standards.
Summary of Role:
Andes Mainstream Renewable Power has been awarded in the 2016 Disco tenders 7, 20 year PPA’s with several distribution companies up to 3.3 TW/Year. The USD $2 billion assets platform is under construction, operational phase is being gradually built from January 2021. Also, the company has a strong business platform under development in LATAM. This role will be responsible for the investment analysis of the existing and future Latam’s platforms, working closely with the FP&A, Treasury, Project Finance, the Commercial team and different areas within the company such as Procurement, Construction, Engineering and Operations, between others. The role will also be in charge of coordinating responses to requests, questions, reports needed of head office and shareholders. Also, responsible for wide range of investment analysis and carry out optimisations tasks, restructuring and refinancing processes of the existing assets. The candidate will join the Finance team and will report to Investment Senior Manager Latam.
What will you do? [Key Responsibilities and Activities]:
- Responsible for investment analysis activities of existing and coming multimillion-dollar projects in Latam.
- A key feature of this role will be collaboration, both internally and externally, with the ability to work cross-functionally with all departments.
- Provide clear financial analysis and communication of results.
- Prepare, evaluate and review investment committee presentations/reports, including:
- Investment opportunities and optimization in existing assets.
- Provide regular valuation updates and financial analysis on key stakeholders on a monthly and quarterly basis; and
- Project and investment appraisals and valuations.
- Anticipate, propose and participate in Project Finance related activities to optimize shareholders’ value of existing investments/assets through analysis and evaluation of structured banking credits or other types of financing solutions.
- Relationship with lenders parties & corporate lawyer in Chile and New York, for the purpose of refinancing and restructuring processes.
- Manage the relationship with external consultant in case of refinancing opportunities, such as Environmental, Market, Construction, etc. Also, responsible to coordinate with internal stakeholders the deliveries in all this area.
What we require? [Key Skills, Knowledge and Experience]
- Professional qualification required, degree in engineering, business administration or similar relevant professional formation that fits for the position. A recognized professional certification (ACA, ACCA, CFA, CAIA) would be an advantage, but not essential.
- 10 years + experience to combine professional training and work experience in practice in a multinational company, operational companies, and background on financial, managing lenders and project finance (under Chilean and New York law) experience will be desired.
- Background and experience in energy business, understanding of the Chilean and/or international electrical business environment
- Experience with international / multinational companies, reporting to corporate headquarters and investors.
- Proven experience, knowledge and understanding of financial models
- Comfortable working in a dynamic and fast-paced environment with flexibility and adaptability required.
- Proven ability to manage a broad workload with shifting priorities and deadlines.
- Confident self-starter with the ability to act on own initiative. Ability to work unsupervised is a necessity but must be able to integrate into multi-functional teams.
- Ability to analyse and present qualitative & quantitative information for decision making.
- Strong organisational skills with great attention to detail. Keen attention to detail is required with the ability to work without constant supervision.
- Flexibility to travel
- Strong verbal and written communication in English and presentation skills is mandatory.
What we Offer?
We offer you the opportunity to work in a diverse, flexible and entrepreneurial organisation, in a growth industry. You will receive a very competitive total benefits package including an excellent base salary and bonus scheme.