The Civil Structural Architectural (CSA) Engineer will report to the Engineer Manager and will take responsibility for engineering activities within their given brief. The ideal candidate is expected to pro-actively oversee external engineering design teams as part of Li-Cycle’s owner’s engineering team. Throughout the design process the CSA Engineer will review designs for accuracy and efficiency in order to construct a safe and economical facility. A broad knowledge across all aspects of civil, structural, and architectural engineering designs for industrial manufacturing facilities is required.
We are seeking a talented, motivated, and top performer to join our team.
- Support the project team in management, supervision, and oversight of contracted engineering design teams, equipment suppliers, material suppliers, and construction contractors pertinent to his/her engineering discipline expertise.
- Provide guidance and recommendations applicable to his/her engineering discipline expertise to Li-Cycle’s technical engineering and construction teams during project planning, execution, and delivery.
- Review supplier bid proposals for completeness and compliance with RFP documentation.
- Review and approval of project design criteria, material specifications, engineering designs, and construction details.
- Review of equipment supplier engineering and shop fabrication drawings.
- Review of building material shop fabrication drawings.
- Review construction contractor RFP’s and bid proposals.
- Facilitate and manage supplier requests for information (RFI) responses.
- Interface with Li-Cycle management, business, and engineering teams to resolve project related issues.
- Coordinate and work with project stakeholders across multiple organizations to reduce risk and enable maximum value delivery for Li-Cycle.
- As needed, arrange, and attend meetings, including recording, writing, and issuing of minutes.
- Provide field support as needed for project engineering and construction teams.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering is preferred. Candidates with other related engineering degrees will be considered.
- Minimum 5 years' experience as a civil or structural engineer in an industrial manufacturing design or operating environment.
- Registered Professional Engineer (PE) is a plus
- Knowledge and execution experience in civil site development design, foundation design, concrete design, structural steel design, and building design.
- Well-versed in current US building design codes and standards (AISC, ACI, ASCE, IBC, IECC, NFPA, etc.) relative to occupied buildings, structures, and industrial manufacturing facilities.
- Experience in full project life-cycle execution (i.e. planning stages to launch)
- Knowledge in industry best practices
- Knowledge and proficiency in Microsoft Office programs
- High-level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results-orientation
- Proactive self-starter with an 'owner's mindset'; requires minimal direct supervision
- Consistently delivers quality work on time, with a strong attention to detail
- Strong level of decision-making skills and accountability
- Ability to be adaptable and flexible
- Strong analytical, negotiation and creative problem-solving skills
- High degree of time management
- Exceptional oral communication, writing and editing skills with an ability to communicate clearly, concisely, confidently, and professionally within all levels of the company
- Maintains strict confidentiality and discretion with respect sensitive information
- Some travel may be required.
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals.
- Ability to physically oversee the construction of engineering designs in the field.
- May be exposed to hazards associated with manufacturing.
- May be required to use PPE.
Li-Cycle (NYSE: LICY) is on a mission to leverage its innovative Spoke & Hub Technologies™ to provide a customer-centric, end-of-life solution for lithium-ion batteries, while creating a secondary supply of critical battery materials. Lithium-ion rechargeable batteries are increasingly powering our world in automotive, energy storage, consumer electronics, and other industrial and household applications. The world needs improved technology and supply chain innovations to better manage battery manufacturing waste and end-of-life batteries and to meet the rapidly growing demand for critical and scarce battery-grade raw materials through a closed-loop solution. For more information, visit https://li-cycle.com/.
For more information, you can view Li-Cycle's corporate video here:
Li-Cycle is an equal opportunity employer committed to Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging. Individuals seeking employment at Li-Cycle are considered without regard to any protected category including but not limited to, race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, diverse-ability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
Li-Cycle is focused on providing a barrier free Recruitment & Selection process. We will focus on experience and skills and will not discriminate against candidates who have a disability or require an accommodation throughout the Recruitment & Selection process.
Interested candidates should apply to Li-Cycle directly by submitting their resume through the Li-Cycle Career's page. Please note that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.