Are you someone with strong leadership and technical capabilities? Do you enjoy building relationships and working collaboratively in a team environment with both internal and external stakeholders? Are you a thought leader, a trusted advisor and a problem solver? If you enjoy entrepreneurship and innovation, this opportunity is for you! As someone with excellent communication skills and business acumen, you will thrive in our fast-paced and agile environment.
Are you someone with exceptional project management capabilities? Are you motivated by delivering quality projects to a range of public and private sector clients? Are you a natural relationship builder who can work collaboratively in a team environment with both internal and external stakeholders? Are you trusted to deliver quality solutions on time and budget? As someone with excellent communication skills and business acumen, you will thrive in this position and in our fast-paced and agile environment.
Dillon’s Communities & Environment technical group is looking for a Civil Project Manager to join our multidisciplinary team of professionals. You will have the opportunity to work on new and exciting projects while providing clients with a fully integrated and superior customer experience.
This position is available at our office in Sydney, Nova Scotia.
What your day will look like
Project Management (87%)
- Project manage a variety of multidisciplinary projects and project teams with a strong focus on municipal and/or land development infrastructure projects related to water supply, sewers, roads, site servicing and storm water management
- Lead and contribute to functional design, detailed design and construction administration activities of multidisciplinary project teams
- Interact regularly with clients, agencies, utilities and other project stakeholders
Business Development (10%)
- Identify and develop new business opportunities including submissions responding to requests for proposals, preparation of proposals and statements of qualification
- Develop and maintain existing and new client relationships
- Business travel to other Dillon offices upon request
Learning & Development (3%)
- Commit to self-development and ongoing learning and professional development
- Input to the career development of junior staff, including technical direction, training recommendations, coaching and mentoring
- Contribute to Dillon’s corporate profile through active participation in professional associations and committees
What you will need to succeed
- A degree in civil engineering
- Licensed to practice as a professional engineer, or eligible to be licensed within six months
- A minimum of ten years' professional experience, preferably in the consulting industry
- Proven project management and business development capabilities
- Demonstrated success in the management of multidisciplinary projects, project teams and business development activities
- Strong understanding of the design of various municipal infrastructure including water supply systems, sewage systems, roadways, storm water management works, underground and surface site servicing works, and/or waste management facilities
- Knowledge of contract administration services and requirements, including master municipal construction documents
- Knowledge of municipal servicing standards and environmental approval requirements
- Demonstrated skills in public and agency consultation
- Strong proficiency in proposal and report writing, presentations, communications, organization and interpersonal skills
- Exceptional communication (verbal and written) skills are essential
Why choose Dillon
Dillon is powered by people who are technically proficient, passionate about socially important projects, and motivated to deliver superior, tangible results. We strive to remain at the forefront of technology and innovation, and are empowered to continually grow and develop.
We live our core values:
- Reliability: words result in actions that build trust;
- Achievement: do the work to hit the target;
- Continuous development: always learning; always adapting; always growing;
- Creativity: discover new possibilities;
- Courage: do the things that matter, especially when it’s hard;
- Inclusiveness: enabling belonging to draw strength from our differences.
In addition, we offer:
Employee share purchase plan
Dillon is 100% employee owned and share ownership is open to all employees.
A competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive health benefits
- Generous retirement savings plan
- Student loan repayment assistance with matching employer contributions
Flexible work hours and remote working options
- Dillon values its staff and the contributions that are made each day and understands that work arrangements can differ based on personal needs and business needs. We are taking a trust-based approach to oﬀer a variety of ﬂexible and remote work options to help balance the competing demands of work and personal life.
Learning and Development opportunities
- As a knowledge-based business, the organic growth of our knowledge and skills occur through our work performance and roles. The creation and sharing of knowledge allows us to take local knowledge to scale, capture lessons learned through experience, and continuously improve service delivery. The development of self and others is an evident and measured core behaviour within our organization.
- We use a composite approach to development including coaching to build the how, mentoring to share lessons, advising to round out perspectives, and co-creation of knowledge through internal, and learning opportunities.
Focus on Innovation
- The ability to anticipate, examine, and adopt new and innovative solutions is a crucial driver for the continual and progressive advancement of our business performance. In our culture, people are empowered to reflect and question current practices and seek forward looking solutions to today’s problems and tomorrow’s opportunities.
Employee and Family Assistance program
- A variety of EFAP tools and online resources to support well-being are available to all employees.
Goodlife Fitness Corporate Membership
- Our employees can take advantage of reduced annual membership fees.
Dillon is a proudly Canadian, employee-owned, professional consulting firm specializing in planning, engineering, environmental science and management. We partner with clients to provide committed, collaborative, and inventive solutions to complex, multi-faceted projects. With over 20 offices and more than 1000 employees across Canada, Dillon offers a wide range of services related to building and improving facilities and infrastructure, protecting the environment, and developing communities.
Now operating for over 75 years, we continue to strive for excellence in everything we do. Dillon has been listed as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies for the past 16 years and has the distinction of having achieved Platinum Club member status in this program.
Employment Equity, Diversity & Inclusion at Dillon:
Dillon is committed to the principles of employment equity, inclusiveness, and diversity within our organization. We strive to achieve a workplace where opportunities are based on skills and abilities and that respects and values differences.
Inclusion is more than a word to us, it is the way we choose to run our business.
Please connect with us if you require accommodation in the interview process. We would love to hear from you!