Are you someone looking to launch their career in the civil engineering industry? If you are looking to join a team of professionals with a culture built on developing their people and delivering high quality work on important infrastructure projects, this opportunity is for you!
Dillon’s Communities and Environment technical group is looking for a Civil Engineering Technologist to join our multidisciplinary team of professionals. You will have the opportunity to work on new and exciting projects while providing clients with a fully integrated and superior customer experience.
At Dillon, we operate as one team. This position is available at our Dillon London office.
What your day will look like
Construction Observation, Project Coordination & Design (89%)
- Construction observation and contract administration
- Collaborate with multidisciplinary team members including engineers, planners, scientists, and technical and administrative support staff
- Assist with functional and detailed design (CADD design) of transportation and municipal infrastructure related to water supply, sewers, roads, land development site servicing, drainage and waste management
Business Development (5%)
- Contribute to business development activities including client need research, preparation of project proposals and presentations
Learning and Development (6%)
- Commit to self-development and ongoing learning and professional development
- Contribute to Dillon’s corporate profile through active participation in professional associations and committees
What you will need to succeed
- A diploma in civil engineering technology
- Registered as a Civil Engineering Technologist (CET) or Certified Technician (CTech) in the province of Ontario, or eligible for registration within six months
- 2 - 5 year's work experience. Prior consulting engineering and/or municipal experience would be considered an asset
The following experience would be considered an asset. Dillon is willing to provide training and support
to the right candidate:
- Knowledge of the functional and detailed design of integrated transportation and municipal infrastructure including roads, structural bridges, sewers, water mains and drainage works
- Understand project design and implementation activities including development of design drawings and reports, contract document preparation, tendering, and contract administration
- Experience with surveying equipment including GPS, total stations, rod and level
- Proficient in the use of current AutoCAD and Civil 3D software
- Working knowledge of Microstation/InRoads software
- Knowledge of relevant municipal/provincial engineering standards and regulatory requirements
- Strong verbal and written communication, organization and interpersonal skills, including the ability work in a team environment
Why choose Dillon
Dillon is powered by people who are technically proficient, passionate about socially important projects, and motivated to deliver superior, tangible results. We strive to remain at the forefront of technology and innovation, and are empowered to continually grow and develop.
We live our core values:
- Reliability: words result in actions that build trust;
- Achievement: do the work to hit the target;
- Continuous development: always learning; always adapting; always growing;
- Creativity: discover new possibilities;
- Courage: do the things that matter, especially when it’s hard;
- Inclusiveness: enabling belonging to draw strength from our differences.
In addition, we offer:
- Employee share purchase plan
- Dillon is 100% employee owned and share ownership is open to all employees.
- A competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive health benefits
- Generous retirement savings plan
- Student loan repayment assistance with matching employer contributions
- Flexible work hours and remote working options
- Dillon values its staff and the contributions that are made each day and understands that work arrangements can differ based on personal needs and business needs. We are taking a trust-based approach to oﬀer a variety of ﬂexible and remote work options to help balance the competing demands of work and personal life.
- Learning and Development opportunities
- As a knowledge-based business, the organic growth of our knowledge and skills occur through our work performance and roles. The creation and sharing of knowledge allows us to take local knowledge to scale, capture lessons learned through experience, and continuously improve service delivery. The development of self and others is an evident and measured core behaviour within our organization.
- We use a composite approach to development including coaching to build the how, mentoring to share lessons, advising to round out perspectives, and co-creation of knowledge through internal, learning opportunities.
- Focus on Innovation
- The ability to anticipate, examine, and adopt new and innovative solutions is a crucial driver for the continual and progressive advancement of our business performance. In our culture, people are empowered to reflect and question current practices and seek forward looking solutions to today’s problems and tomorrow’s opportunities.
- Employee and Family Assistance program
- A variety of EFAP tools and online resources to support well-being are available to all employees.
- Wellness Subsidy
- Our employees can take advantage of wellness subsidy that can be put towards expenses for a variety of health and/or wellness related activities such as gym membership, purchase of home fitness equipment, yoga classes and dance classes
Dillon is a proudly Canadian, employee-owned, professional consulting firm specializing in planning, engineering, environmental science and management. We partner with clients to provide committed, collaborative, and inventive solutions to complex, multi-faceted projects. With over 20 offices and more than 1000 employees across Canada, Dillon offers a wide range of services related to building and improving facilities and infrastructure, protecting the environment, and developing communities.
Now operating for over 75 years, we continue to strive for excellence in everything we do. Dillon has been listed as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies for the past 16 years and has the distinction of having achieved Platinum Club member status in this program.
Employment Equity, Diversity & Inclusion at Dillon:
Dillon is committed to the principles of employment equity, inclusiveness, and diversity within our organization. We strive to achieve a workplace where opportunities are based on skills and abilities and that respects and values differences.
Inclusion is more than a word to us, it is the way we choose to run our business.
Please connect with us if you require accommodation in the interview process. We would love to hear from you!