Dillon is looking for a Senior Civil Engineer and Project Manager to join our Land Development group in the London office. As one of the region’s most trusted engineering consultants, you have the opportunity to join a motivated team of professionals who deliver a wide range of land development and municipal engineering projects for both new and well-established clients.
An experienced professional can immediately contribute to and manage projects in a strong team environment. You will have the opportunity to use leadership skills, technical experience, communication skills, and business acumen to be a part of our growing team and business.
Project Management & Design (85%)
- Manage a variety of projects with a particular focus on Land Development. Lead multidisciplinary project teams, provide regular and effective communication with clients, develop and oversee project budgets, and take overall responsibility for successful project delivery.
- Develop and provide technical expertise on a variety of municipal and land development infrastructure projects related to water supply, sewers, roads, and site servicing.
- Lead the functional design, detailed design and construction administration activities of multidisciplinary project teams.
Business Development (12%)
- In collaboration with other project managers, identify and develop new business opportunities.
- Take a leading role in maintaining existing client relationships
Learning & Development (3%)
- Commit to self-development and ongoing learning and professional development.
- Input to the career development of junior staff, including technical direction, training recommendations, coaching and mentoring.
- Contribute to Dillon’s corporate profile through active participation in professional associations and committees.
What you will need to succeed
- A degree in civil engineering.
- Licensed to practice as a professional engineer in the Province of Ontario, or eligible to be licensed within six months.
- 8-12 years’ professional work experience in engineering with a focus on Land Development.
- Previous consulting experience is beneficial.
- Experience in all stages of land development projects would be an important asset, including preliminary consultations, detailed design and municipal approvals, and tendering and contract administration.
- Strong knowledge of municipal and provincial Planning processes related to land development would be considered an asset.
- Expert knowledge of municipal servicing standards and environmental approvals requirements.
- Experience in public and agency consultation considered an asset.
- Strong proficiency in proposal and report writing, presentations, communications, organization and interpersonal skills.
- Leading a team of professionals for both project work and team management would be considered an asset.
Why choose Dillon
Dillon is powered by people who are technically proficient, passionate about socially important projects, and motivated to deliver superior, tangible results. We strive to remain at the forefront of technology and innovation, and are empowered to continually grow and develop.
We live our core values:
- Reliability: words result in actions that build trust;
- Achievement: do the work to hit the target;
- Continuous development: always learning; always adapting; always growing;
- Creativity: discover new possibilities;
- Courage: do the things that matter, especially when it’s hard;
- Inclusiveness: enabling belonging to draw strength from our differences.
In addition, we offer:
Employee share purchase plan
- Dillon is 100% employee owned and share ownership is open to all employees.
A competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive health benefits
- Generous retirement savings plan
- Student loan repayment assistance with matching employer contributions
Flexible work hours and remote working options
- Dillon values its staff and the contributions that are made each day and understands that work arrangements can differ based on personal needs and business needs. We are taking a trust-based approach to oﬀer a variety of ﬂexible and remote work options to help balance the competing demands of work and personal life.
Learning and Development opportunities
- As a knowledge-based business, the organic growth of our knowledge and skills occur through our work performance and roles. The creation and sharing of knowledge allows us to take local knowledge to scale, capture lessons learned through experience, and continuously improve service delivery. The development of self and others is an evident and measured core behaviour within our organization.
- We use a composite approach to development including coaching to build the how, mentoring to share lessons, advising to round out perspectives, and co-creation of knowledge through internal, and learning opportunities.
Focus on Innovation
- The ability to anticipate, examine, and adopt new and innovative solutions is a crucial driver for the continual and progressive advancement of our business performance. In our culture, people are empowered to reflect and question current practices and seek forward looking solutions to today’s problems and tomorrow’s opportunities.
Employee and Family Assistance program
- A variety of EFAP tools and online resources to support well-being are available to all employees.
Goodlife Fitness Corporate Membership
- Our employees can take advantage of reduced annual membership fees
Dillon is a proudly Canadian, employee-owned, professional consulting firm specializing in planning, engineering, environmental science and management. We partner with clients to provide committed, collaborative, and inventive solutions to complex, multi-faceted projects. With over 20 offices and more than 1000 employees across Canada, Dillon offers a wide range of services related to building and improving facilities and infrastructure, protecting the environment, and developing communities.
Now operating for over 75 years, we continue to strive for excellence in everything we do. Dillon has been listed as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies for the past 16 years and has the distinction of having achieved Platinum Club member status in this program.
Employment Equity, Diversity & Inclusion at Dillon:
Dillon is committed to the principles of employment equity, inclusiveness, and diversity within our organization. We strive to achieve a workplace where opportunities are based on skills and abilities and that respects and values differences.
Inclusion is more than a word to us, it is the way we choose to run our business.
Please connect with us if you require accommodation in the interview process. We would love to hear from you!