We invite you to join our growing company where our employees share in the success of the organization as all employees are eligible to be owners. Dillon is powered by people who are technically proficient, passionate about socially important projects, and motivated to deliver superior, tangible results. We strive to remain at the forefront of technology and innovation, and are empowered to continually grow and develop.
Are you someone with strong leadership capabilities? Are you interested in growing teams and building business? Do you enjoy building relationships and working collaboratively in a team environment. If you enjoy entrepreneurship, strategic team growth and/or client management, this opportunity is for you!
Dillon’s Community Infrastructure Business Unit is looking to grow and develop in the Manitoba area and potentially beyond, with a specific interest in Indigenous client growth. We are looking for a professional Civil Engineer with local knowledge and experience to lead the charge to join our growing team of multidisciplinary professionals. We are looking for individuals interested in a strategic leadership role. A number of roles are currently open including leadership of client growth, technical innovation and management of technical teams.
This position is available at our office in Winnipeg.
What your day will look like
Manitoba Indigenous Market Expansion
(Approximate time commitment 37%)
- Decision making responsibilities for the identification and development of new business opportunities, based on market knowledge.
- Supporting/Leading the development of submissions in response to Requests for Proposals.
- Leadership in developing/cultivating client relationships.
- Decision making responsibilities on civil infrastructure team structure, recruitment and performance management.
Project Management & Design
(Approximate time commitment 60%)
- Financial and technical execution and management of civil engineering linear infrastructure projects including but not limited to water supply, sewers, roads, site servicing and storm water management, etc.
- Providing team direction, feedback and learning opportunities for junior and intermediate staff.
- Regular interaction with Indigenous clients and other project stakeholders
Learning & Development
(Approximate time commitment 3%)
- Participating in opportunities for self-development including leadership skills, consulting skills, technical skills, etc.
- Contribution to the career development of junior and intermediate technical staff, including training recommendations, coaching and mentoring
- Contributions to Dillon’s corporate profile through active participation in professional associations and committees
What you will need to succeed
- A degree in civil engineering or equivalent
- Licensed to practice as a professional engineer, or eligible to be licensed within six months.
- Minimum 15 years' professional experience, preferably in the consulting industry, working on community infrastructure related projects with Indigenous clients in Manitoba.
- Proven leadership and business development capabilities in the local geography.
- Experienced in leading teams of various linear civil infrastructure projects including water supply systems, sewage systems, roadways, stormwater management works, underground and surface site servicing works, and/or waste management facilities.
Why choose Dillon
Dillon is powered by people who are technically proficient, passionate about socially important projects, and motivated to deliver superior, tangible results. We strive to remain at the forefront of technology and innovation, and are empowered to continually grow and develop.
We live our core values:
- Reliability: words result in actions that build trust;
- Achievement: do the work to hit the target;
- Continuous development: always learning; always adapting; always growing;
- Creativity: discover new possibilities;
- Courage: do the things that matter, especially when it’s hard;
- Inclusiveness: enabling belonging to draw strength from our differences.
In addition, we offer:
- Employee share purchase plan
- Dillon is 100% employee owned and share ownership is open to all employees.
- A competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive health benefits
- Generous retirement savings plan
- Student loan repayment assistance with matching employer contributions
- Flexible work hours and remote working options
- Dillon values its staff and the contributions that are made each day and understands that work arrangements can differ based on personal needs and business needs. We are taking a trust-based approach to oﬀer a variety of ﬂexible and remote work options to help balance the competing demands of work and personal life.
- Learning and Development opportunities
- As a knowledge-based business, the organic growth of our knowledge and skills occur through our work performance and roles. The creation and sharing of knowledge allows us to take local knowledge to scale, capture lessons learned through experience, and continuously improve service delivery. The development of self and others is an evident and measured core behaviour within our organization.
- We use a composite approach to development including coaching to build the how, mentoring to share lessons, advising to round out perspectives, and co-creation of knowledge through internal, learning opportunities.
- Focus on Innovation
- The ability to anticipate, examine, and adopt new and innovative solutions is a crucial driver for the continual and progressive advancement of our business performance. In our culture, people are empowered to reflect and question current practices and seek forward looking solutions to today’s problems and tomorrow’s opportunities.
- Employee and Family Assistance program
- A variety of EFAP tools and online resources to support well-being are available to all employees.
- Wellness Subsidy
- Our employees can take advantage of wellness subsidy that can be put towards expenses for a variety of health and/or wellness related activities such as gym membership, purchase of home fitness equipment, yoga classes and dance classes
Dillon is a proudly Canadian, employee-owned, professional consulting firm specializing in planning, engineering, environmental science and management. We partner with clients to provide committed, collaborative, and inventive solutions to complex, multi-faceted projects. With over 20 offices and more than 1000 employees across Canada, Dillon offers a wide range of services related to building and improving facilities and infrastructure, protecting the environment, and developing communities.
Now operating for over 75 years, we continue to strive for excellence in everything we do. Dillon has been listed as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies for the past 16 years and has the distinction of having achieved Platinum Club member status in this program.
Employment Equity, Diversity & Inclusion at Dillon:
Dillon is committed to the principles of employment equity, inclusiveness, and diversity within our organization. We strive to achieve a workplace where opportunities are based on skills and abilities and that respects and values differences.
Inclusion is more than a word to us, it is the way we choose to run our business.
Please connect with us if you require accommodation in the interview process. We would love to hear from you!