Location: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Anticipated Start Date: Late 2022 or early 2023 (Please note that this position is contingent upon award)
Global Communities is an international development non-profit organization. Our mission is to create long-lasting, positive and community-led change that improves the lives and livelihoods of vulnerable people across the globe.
Global Communities is seeking an experienced Chief of Party for an anticipated Lowlands Health Activity in Ethiopia. The purpose of this award is to improve reproductive, maternal, newborn, child and adolescent health (RMNCAH) outcomes. The activity will build local capacity and closely work with the Ministry of Health (MOH) and the respective RHBs to improve Lowlands Health. It supports implementation of the Health Extension Program (HEP) Roadmap and supports the Government of Ethiopia’s overall effort to achieve the Health Sector Transformation Plan (HSTP).
The Chief of Party is responsible for overseeing the technical implementation of the program and is the principal contact with key stakeholders. The Chief of Party will manage a team of senior staff, ensure quality, timeliness, and efficiency of all products and activities generated under the project.
Specific responsibilities include the following:
- Lead efforts to collaborate and coordinate with other Ethiopia projects, other donor and non-governmental organization (NGO)-sponsored activities.
- Handles overall management of the program, including staff and partner oversight, monitoring and evaluation and program implementation.
- Meet program targets, as well as fiscal integrity of the use of program funds.
- Ensure establishment and maintenance of systems for project operations.
- Acts as primary point of contact with USAID, government counterparts, and other critical in-country stakeholders.
- Responsible for effective written reports and oral presentations on the program.
- Represent Global Communities and overall program interests as necessary and appropriate.
- Build and maintain strong working relations with key internal and external stakeholders, beneficiaries, prime and subcontractors, suppliers and partners. Provide effective and timely responses to inquiries and concerns
- Ten years professional experience, with progressively increasing responsibilities and duties in fields related to the successful implementation of multi-sectoral projects, including maternal newborn and child health, nutrition, HIV and AIDS, and disability inclusion; technical assistance, local governance, capacity building for improvement of health and social services, and/or social and behavior change is required;
- An advanced graduate degree in a related field of study (e.g. public health, medicine, nutrition, etc.) is required; clinical background preferred.
- Proven experience as a Chief of Party or in a leadership position involving the administration of similarly sized, international donor supported programs with skills in strategic planning, management, supervision, and budgeting is required;
- Experience with organizational capacity development and strengthening systems;
- USAID experience is required;
- Management and leadership skills, and good governance of the public sector, civil society organizations, NGOs, or multi-sector bodies to achieve sustainable outcomes, especially in developing countries;
- Proven ability to communicate a common vision among diverse partners and the ability to lead multi-disciplinary teams is desired.
Citizens and residents of Ethiopia are encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.