Counterpart International is currently seeking a Chief of Party for the anticipated USAID Transparency in the Public Sector Activity. This activity will be designed to enhance government transparency and accountability, and compliance with anti-corruption policies, and to increase citizen pressure on and oversight of government to combat corruption.
The COP will be responsible for overall project leadership, management, technical direction and vision, oversight, quality, and compliance, and maintaining exceptional relationships with USAID and government and civil society stakeholders. The COP will be responsible for ensuring the timely submission and quality of all project deliverables. This position requires previous senior-level program leadership experience on USAID-funded or other donor supported projects. The position will collaborate directly with Counterpart’s HQ office.
- Advanced degree in International Development, Social Sciences, Political Science, Governance and Civil Society and/or other related fields.
- Minimum of 10 years of progressively responsible experience in international development.
- Minimum of five years working on civic strengthening programs, preferably in El Salvador or Central America.
- Experience supervising teams of diverse staff and demonstrated leadership capacity and motivational skills.
- Previous experience as a senior-manager of a USAID-funded program(s) highly preferred.
- Demonstrated program management and organizational skills in managing, implementing, and monitoring effective program budgets, finances, and personnel of projects of a similar scale and scope.
- Proven leadership skills; ability to engage, motivate and inspire teams. Goal-oriented and a strategic, creative thinker.
- Ability to identify obstacles and risks related to implementation of sensitive projects in highly dynamic political environments.
- Demonstrated experience managing and implementing development projects focused on transparency and accountability, good governance, and civil society strengthening, preferably in El Salvador or Central America.
- Demonstrated experience in working effectively within the social, political, economic, and cultural context of El Salvador, or the Central America region.
- Demonstrated experience in working effectively with senior government representatives at the national and municipal level in El Salvador or Central America.
- Demonstrated capacity to champion gender and social inclusion.
- Demonstrated experience working effectively with various civil society actors including NGOs, media, academia, and private sector.
- Demonstrated experiences effectively managing donor relationships with USAID representatives, other implementing agencies and other stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and deliver quality products and results.
- Experience with adaptive management approaches preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English required.
- Oral and written fluency in Spanish required.
We can recommend jobs specifically for you! Click here to get started.