Do you dream about creating a more sustainable future? At Uplight, we are motivating energy users and providers to accelerate the clean energy ecosystem. Working with over 90 of the world’s leading electric and gas utilities, Uplight provides an end-to-end customer energy experience. Uplight delivers personalized experiences that customers have now come to expect–improving satisfaction, increasing revenue, reducing the cost to serve, and contributing to carbon reduction goals. We are B Corp certified, enabling us to put our values into action by not only making decisions for the benefit of our shareholders, but also for our customers, environment, employees, and community.
We are seeking a Chief Growth Officer to join our team and help us achieve our ambitious goals for our business and the planet.
What you get to do:
The Chief Growth Officer is passionate about the energy transition and decarbonization. In this role, you will lead a high-performing sales and marketing team that is responsible for Uplight brand awareness, generating demand for Uplight’s products & services, and closing deals that drive future revenue growth. You will develop and execute on the company’s go-to-market strategy and work collaboratively with other Uplight leaders to deliver against enterprise business goals. The ideal candidate is a thoughtful, strategic and hands-on leader with experience leading a high-performing team and exceeding objectives.
At Uplight, we believe that demonstrating our core values is the key to success. We expect our team members to:
- Act with integrity, even when it’s hard
- Always stay curious and ready to learn
- Work toward meaningful outcomes, mindful of each step
- Operate as a unified team, made stronger by uniqueness
What you will contribute:
- Attract, retain and grow a best in class sales and marketing team that is passionate and committed to achieving our goal of decarbonization
- Deliver the ARR bookings and revenue growth goals of the company
- Collaborate with Product and Engineering to continuously summarize market feedback, improve product strategy and refine go to market strategy
- Work closely with internal stakeholders and strategic partners to develop and run workshops to develop joint go-to-market value propositions, create joint stories, train sales team, develop marketing material, etc.
- Partner with our Product and Engineering teams to build our product marketing plan
- Facilitate the interaction between partners and internal stakeholders to progress multiple areas of our business forward
- Identify, reach, and influence key decision-makers and stakeholders within targeted utility prospects and their regulatory ecosystems
- Lead the lifecycle process from lead generation to the onboarding of new clients
- Analyze trends and market disruptions and search for emerging new market opportunities
- Develop processes and frameworks that allow for the systematic evaluation and progression of potential client partnerships
- Participate in Uplight’s annual strategic planning process, gauging current market position, long-term growth prospects and inputs into the annual financial plan
- Facilitate the development of the accountability action chain, establishing the approaches and implementation of research to understand customer loyalty and return on investment (ROI)
Skills and experience are necessary, but we hire on value alignment first, so if you feel you would be a good fit with us, please still consider applying.
What you bring to Uplight:
- Executive-level experience leading sales teams within the energy business sector, ideally selling software products and professional services to utility companies
- Experience bringing together various internal and external stakeholders and moving them toward a common goal
- The confidence, intelligence, and experience to challenge the status quo, stand up for what’s right, and negotiate with industry-leading players
- Demonstrable experience creating a vision for and leading successful marketing campaigns and events
- Entrepreneurial attitude and familiarity with the strategies and tactics needed to develop and grow new business opportunities
- Experienced leader who empathizes with customers and can provide value added solutions to their needs
- Eagerness to collaborate with other Uplighters and roll-up your sleeves to get deals done in a industry space that is still maturing
- Relentless desire to win and be the industry leader
- Ability to travel 50%+ of the time
- You reside in Colorado, or are willing to relocate or spend a significant amount of time in Colorado
- An in-depth understanding of the energy utility industry, and decision-making processes, including utility budget, regulatory, and legislative
What makes working at Uplight amazing:
In addition to all the standard medical and dental benefits, that kick in on Day 1, we are:
- A certified B-Corporation and proud to be over 500+ purpose-driven individuals helping to create a more sustainable planet.
- Committed to the environment, our employees, and our communities.
- Focused on supporting career growth
- Committed to taking our work and mission seriously and….we love to laugh!
We also provide:
- 401k Match
- Stock options
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Peer to peer recognition program
- Management by objectives bonus plan
- Innovative flexible time off
- Exceptionally collaborative and cool office space
Salary Range: $250,000 to $325,000, in addition to opportunity for bonus and equity.
In accordance with the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the approximate annual base compensation range is listed above. The actual offer, reflecting the total compensation package and benefits, will be determined by a number of factors including the applicant's experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity among our team.
Uplight provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race (including hair texture and hairstyles), color, religion (including head coverings), age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.