The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you!
The ideal candidate will be able to able to provide support as analytical chemist and bring broad experience in spectroscopy and statistical analysis for the YSI life sciences and environmental water quality product lines.
- Act as a liaison between R&D, QA and marketing teams to define, defend and explain sensing specifications and claims
- Determine theoretical and practical limitations to sensing specifications through laboratory experimentation and R&D prototype builds.
- Proper design of experiment methodology to support proof of concept and sensor validation.
- Perform data analysis with applied statistical analysis on data sets using statistical software packages.
- Support other members of the R&D development team.
- Evaluate new technologies, methods and products to determine viability for commercialization.
- Ensure that all work is thoroughly documented and organized for future reference.
- Local field operations support for sensing technologies.
- Electrochemistry with corrosion properties and analysis.
Competencies of ideal candidate:
- Solid communications skills, both verbal and written. Ability to articulate very technical concepts to non-technical team members and ability to mentor others.
- Ability to work with a cross-functional R&D/Engineering team.
- Ability to work in a product development environment operating under project schedules and timelines.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Intimate familiarity with modern spectroscopic tools and methods.
- Good working understanding of statistics using modern software platforms.
- Requires minimal direction, self-starter.
- Good documentation skills/organization.
Education & Experience Required
- Minimum MS in Chemistry with 10+ years.
- PhD in Chemistry with 4+ years preferred but not required.
- Exposure to environmental sensing and/or life science technology is a plus.
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Light lifting (20-25 lbs.), office environment and lab environment
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
- Travel 10%
Office: Chemistry laboratory / General office environment / Production technical support / Local field support.
Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours/week minimum Monday through Friday.
Travel: 10% travel.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development– To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards– We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks– Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, Working Parents Networks and Non-Native English Speakers and Allies.
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.