Pact is an international nonprofit that works in nearly 40 countries building solutions for human development that are evidence-based, data-driven and owned by the communities we serve. Founded in 1971, Pact works with partners to build resilience, improve accountability, and strengthen knowledge and skills for sustainable social impact.
The Capacity Development (CD) Specialist will report to the Objective 2 Tech lead. They will be responsible for supporting local and regional partners to effectively implement various CD activities, these will include technical assistance and routine mentoring. They will work closely with the CD Officer to ensure that regular monitoring and mentoring takes place with each partner, tracking of progress and dissemination of learning from project activities. They will also regularly liaise with partners to ensure that technical assistance is being supplied in all areas required by the Activity.
- Support technical and organizational capacity development support and assistance under the Activity.
- Provide technical support to facilitate the development, implementation, and monitoring of subawards for the achievement of project objectives.
- Participate in and implement the project’s CD plan on strengthening the organizational and technical capacity of subgrantees.
- Contribute to the development of sources/ documents for specific technical areas identified for capacity development of subgrantees, including training, mentoring, and coaching, etc
- Provide written inputs and/ contribute to the development of tools required to monitor the implementation and monitoring of LG capacity development activities.
- Coordinate on/off-line training sessions, workshops, mentoring of subawards to ensure the efficient and timely implementation of project activities
- Conduct CD learning sessions/ coordinate peer exchange sessions for subawards on various technical areas
- Conduct regular field visits to provide technical support, capacity development, mentorship, or coaching to subawards
- Coordinate CD technical assistance activities between the country office and Pact DC
- Undertake a regular review of subgrantee capacity needs.
- Support documenting and sharing of CD-related best practices under the Activity.
- Provision of support to subawards to ensure their smooth transition to direct USAID funding and sustainability.
- Provide input to the development of annual implementation plans, project reports and other key project deliverablescontribute to the development of the project’s analytical products including research policy briefs, presentations, project updates, environment scans, or newsletter articles etc.
- Present regular updates on progress regarding the implementation of the project’s CD plans.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the CD Officer
- Bachelor’s degree in development studies; political science or a related field.
- Masters’ Degree in any social science field will be an added advantage
- Minimum 6 years of relevant work experience in the civil society/ international development sector
- Experience and expertise in conducting Integrated Organizational Capacity Assessments (ITOCAs); Performance Assessments; Network analyses for civil society or community-based organizations.
- Specific skills in facilitating training sessions (both on and offline)
- Knowledge of virtual facilitation methodologies
- Analytical and conceptual skills to think and plan strategically.
- Skills in producing analytical and well-presented reports and publications.
- Good interpersonal skills with an ability to communicate clearly and effectively at all levels, considering cultural and language difficulties.
- Strong writing and oral presentation skills, including professional fluency in French/Arabic and English
- Experience performing similar work scope in Tunisia.
- Tunisian nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Work authorization in Tunisia required.
- Experience implementing USAID programming preferred.