Pact is an international nonprofit that works in nearly 40 countries building solutions for human development that are evidence-based, data-driven and owned by the communities we serve. Founded in 1971, Pact works with partners to build resilience, improve accountability, and strengthen knowledge and skills for sustainable social impact.
Reporting to the Capacity Development Officer, The Capacity Development (CD) Assistant will provide the day-to-day logistical support for all CD activities, ensuring smooth running. They will provide administrative and logistical support to organize different workshops, training programs and consultations of the project.
- Provide technical and organizational capacity development assistance under the Activity.
- Provide technical support to facilitate the development, implementation, and monitoring of subawards for the achievement of project objectives.
- Participate in and implement the project’s CD plan on strengthening the organizational and technical capacity of subgrantees
- Contribute to the development of sources/ documents for specific technical areas identified for capacity development of subgrantees, including training, mentoring, and coaching, etc
- Provide written inputs and/ contribute to the development of tools required to monitor the implementation and monitoring of Activity capacity development activities.
- Coordinate on/off-line training sessions, workshops, mentoring of subawards to ensure the efficient and timely implementation of project activities
- Assist with CD learning sessions/ coordinate peer exchange sessions for subawards on various technical areas
- Assist with regular field visits to provide technical support, capacity development, mentorship, or coaching to subawards.
- Coordinate CD technical assistance activities between the country office and Pact DC
- Undertake a regular review of subgrantee capacity needs.
- Support documenting CD-related best practices under the Activity.
- Provision of support to subawards to ensure their smooth transition to direct USAID funding and sustainability.
- Provide input to the development of annual implementation plans, project reports and other key project deliverables
- Bachelor’s degree in development studies; political science or a related field.
- Minimum 2 years of relevant work experience in the civil society/ international development sector
- Experience and expertise in conducting Integrated Organizational Capacity Assessments (ITOCAs); Performance Assessments; Network analyses for civil society or community-based organizations
- Proficiency in spoken and written French/Arabic and English with a general ability to express clearly and concisely ideas and concepts in written and oral form
- Specific skills in facilitating training sessions (both on and offline)
- Knowledge of virtual facilitation methodologies
- Analytical and conceptual skills to think and plan strategically.
- Skills in producing analytical and well-presented reports and publications.
- Good interpersonal skills with an ability to communicate clearly and effectively at all levels, considering cultural and language difficulties.
- Experience performing similar work scope in Tunisia
- Tunisian nationals are strongly encouraged to apply
- Work authoriztion in Tunisia required
- Experience implementing USAID programming preferred