Pact is an international nonprofit that works in nearly 40 countries building solutions for human development that are evidence-based, data-driven and owned by the communities we serve. Founded in 1971, Pact works with partners to build resilience, improve accountability, and strengthen knowledge and skills for sustainable social impact.
The Capacity Development (CD) Advisor will be supporting the USAID-funded Building Resilience Amongst Families Affected with HIV (Building Resilience) project which aims to improve the health and wellbeing, socio-economic, and educational outcomes of vulnerable children, adolesencets and families affected by HIV. The CD Advisor is responsible for technical management of result 3, with a focus on strengthening the organizational capacity of local Dominican organizations that provide services to priority populations affected by HIV. She/he will focus efforts on supporting selected Dominican organizations to be ready to receive direct funding from USAID and subsequently to successfully implement grants received directly from USAID. To this end, the CD Advisor will manage the implementation of organizational assessments, creation and execution of capacity strengthening plans, and provision of technical assistance under the leadership of the COP. She/he will be responsible for collaborating with the other project technical teams to ensure that capacity development approaches and activities are integrated across all areas.
- Provide technical and managerial leadership for the implementation of Result 3, “Strengthened organizational capacity of local CSO/NGO implementing partners providing services to priority populations affected by HIV to increase their ability to receive, manage, and implement a direct assistance award from USAID.”
- Manage the development, implementation, and monitoring of CD activities in close alignment and coordination with activities across the project and across teams to ensure integration.
- Implement organizational capacity and performance assessments of identified Dominican organizations.
- Support the identification of Domincan organizations who meet the criteria to receive funding directly from USAID and provide assistance in developing transition preparedness plans.
- Oversee the development, implementation and monitoring of Capacity Action Plans (CAPs) and Transition Readiness Plans (TRPs) for each Dominican organization to ensure achievement of expected outcomes.
- Provide direct technical assistance, training, coaching and mentoring or manage the provision of support to identified Domincan organizations for a wide range of institutional areas such as financial and administrative management, human resources, institutional governance, marketing and communication, monitoring and evaluation, etc.
- Ensure that capacity development strategies are evidence-based and in line with Pact’s best practices.
- Coordinate with the project management team - Technical, Finance, M&E - for integration of capacity building approaches, targets and reporting into grant management processes for identified Dominican organizations.
- In collaboration with the Monitoring & Evaluation team, regularly collect, analyze and report on data derived from the capacity development process in the Pact capacity solutions platform.
- Contribute to the preparation of work plans, quarterly and annual reports, and other reports and documents that summarize the results and evidence of the project.
- Prepare periodic reports that document processes, outputs and results of activities related to the capacity development process.
- Any other that may be required by the COP, related to the purpose of the position.
- This JD is subject to change.
- Master's degree with eight (8) years work experience or bachelor's degree with at least ten (10+) years work experience
- Proven technical expertise and experience leading organizational capacity assessments, planning, implementation and monitoring technical assistance and training with local partners.
- Excellent facilitation and coaching skills in a variety of aspects of health and organizational development.
- Experience in the development of organizational capacities in the field of HIV and AIDS with funding from PEPFAR, welfare programs and child protection; in systems strengthening, economics, service delivery, quality improvement, and policy development.
- Experience in community-based capacity development projects, such as experience in community mobilization and civil society development and USG grant management processes.
- Skills for solving interpersonal problems creatively and effectively.
- Experience and skills managing teams, and leading technical process with various stakeholders.
- Availability for trips to the implementation areas of the program, which include Distrito Nacional, Santo Domingo, Puerto Plata, Valverde/Mao, and Santiago.
- Ability to develop and maintain strong relationships with governments and civil society partners.
- Writing and oral presentation skills, including fluency in Spanish and English