Li-Cycle is solving the global end-of-life lithium battery problem to help power our electric future. Our goal is to recover critical materials from lithium-ion batteries and introduce them back into the supply chain as a sustainable and circular product. We work every day to make this vision a reality. Our team is growing, and we are looking for passionate, creative people, who want to join us as we build a better tomorrow. If you are looking for a purpose-driven company where curiosity and innovation are valued, Li-Cycle is the place for you!
Reporting to the Procurement Manager, the Buyer will be responsible for Procurement and Subcontract activities supporting the Li-Cycle North America Hub, Inc. project in Rochester, NY. Upon completion of the project, the opportunity to transition to a Buyer role for Plant Operations.
Our ideal candidate will be a driven individual with high attention to detail and organization, and a positive “can-do” attitude.
- Procurement and Contract Management support for the start up of the Rochester HUB
- Create and distribute purchase orders as required.
- Work directly with Manufacturing Engineering to ensure suppliers understand Company requirements and deliverables.
- Enter and maintain relevant data in the MRP/ERP system per documented purchasing procedures.
- Ensure timely purchase and receipt of components, products, and services, associated with the monthly Production Build Plan.
- Establish delivery schedules, monitor progress, and communicate with suppliers to resolve issues.
- Work with expeditor and logistics on shipping arrangements to ensure orders are closed within the target time frame.
- Resolve 3-way match issues between purchase orders, receipts, and supplier invoices.
- Maintain reports on cost savings, delivery performance, product and service quality, and inventories as required.
- Work with Supply Chain and Accounting groups in returning discrepant material to suppliers.
- Ensure follow up on all purchase orders and escalation with suppliers of any quality or delivery related issues and exceptions. Proactively manage supplier delivery schedules and communicate pertinent issues regarding supplier delivery schedules and/or raw materials availability issues to appropriate internal Operations personnel.
- Routinely update Operations personnel regarding changes in delivery schedules that may affect them.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain Management, or related field.
- 5 - 7 years progressive experience in a Corporate Purchasing role; Manufacturing background required.
- Knowledge of appropriate tools for analyzing, evaluating and assessing materials, equipment, supplies, services or other commodities.
- Ability to read and interpret contract documents and technical specs to purchase items.
- ERP/MRP user experience.
- Knowledge of Manufacturing methods and procedures.
- Ability to establish relationships with internal customers and external business partners.
- Strong negotiating, communication, and customer service skills.
- Demonstrated understanding of integrated supply chain and logistics concepts.
- Demonstrated experience and assertiveness in managing supplier relationships with the ability to assess and mitigate risks.
- Actively develops and proposes solutions to mitigate supply chain interruptions and issues.
- Ability to see the “big picture” with a solid grasp of strategic concepts associated with Supply Chain reliability and performance.
- Demonstrated ability to perform in a high energy and fast paced environment
- Adept at Excel, Word, and other business software applications
- A hands-on contributor with a desire to work in a dynamic, mission-driven environment
- Ability to deal with sensitive topics in a tactful, diplomatic, and professional matter at all times.
- High-level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results-orientation
- Proactive self-starter with an 'owner's mindset'
- Consistently delivers quality work on time, with a strong attention to detail
- Strong analytical, negotiation and creative problem-solving skills
- Exceptional oral communication, writing and editing skills
- Excellent telephone and email etiquette
- Motivated, methodical, and optimistic