The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you!
The Role: Responsible for controlling purchase order execution for the facility. Ordering the right amount of material to satisfy customer demand, while protecting the company from excess and obsolete inventory whenever possible. Responsible for developing accurate inventory forecasts, using all available business data during creation.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Responsibility for one or more major commodities such as castings, motors, injection molded plastics, raw materials (metals) etc., plus a mix of other non-major commodities. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Forecast future requirements and pricing for assigned commodities based on prevailing market conditions and volume fluctuations
- Utilize competitive quoting to improve TCO (Total Cost of Ownership)
- Continuously evaluate the supply chain to maintain a high standard of purchased value—right mix of cost, quality and delivery
- Recover funds related to non-conforming material and warranty
- Drive improvement to key metrics, including; OTD/OTP, PPM, Lead-time, Pay Terms
- Own and maintain the relationship between Auburn Ops and the supplier
- Responsible for invoice reconciliation to ensure on-time payment to supply base
- Load and maintain accurate/up to date system parameters (Cost, Lead-time, Supplier, etc)
- Collaborate with Xylem Global Procurement (XGP) on strategic sourcing activities to drive supply base optimization, cost reduction, quality improvement and OTD. Responsible for cross-functional communication (Engineering, Quality, XGP, Suppliers, etc) to drive on-time project closure.
- Engage and support Purchasing Specialists and Inventory Analysts to increase throughput, reduce inventory, and improve value. Cross-trained as back-up during absences.
- Participate and support Xylem new product development programs, from inception to launch.
- Embrace continuous improvement ideas and methodologies (Lean, Six Sigma) to improve upon purchasing policies, procedures and practices, as well as participate and contribute to larger facility and organization optimization.
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Education: B.S. required (B.S. in Supply Chain Management preferred)
- 3+ years of related experience
- Experience with ERP-LX/BPICS, MS Office Suite, Business Objects, Oracle preferred
- Advanced MS Excel skills strongly preferred
- Self-motivated, ability to work independently
- Strong project management skillset
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
(The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters and must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend, and move about the facility
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.