In this new role you will apply knowledge of procurement practices and procedures to organize and coordinate procurement activities of materials, goods, services and supplies; You will identify business procurement needs, search, screen and qualify vendors, evaluate vendor portfolios, and with help of in house technical specialist, select and negotiate the most favorable solution and terms for the business. You track purchases, monitor vendor quality, and maintain a current database of vendor information for uninterrupted supply of equipment, goods and services for the business.
In addition, the Buyer typically reports to the Laboratory Manager.
You are the specialist on complex sourcing and business matters and can work independently.
- Identify procurement needs of products and services for business functions
- Provide comprehensive understanding of suppliers, key market players and market dynamics
- Collect offers and negotiate pricing & delivery conditions with vendors
- Maintain vendor relationships and implement contracting and SLA agreements
- Develop and follow established procedures to select suppliers and place actual order for materials, supplies and services into assigned systems. (ERP, Vendor sites, etc)
- Handle complex clerical, administrative, technical or supplier issues, while escalating only the most complex issues to the direct manager
- Manage and prioritize procurement projects in a changing and dynamic environment
- Assist direct manager with buying process improvements and provide inputs for procurement strategy development and execution
In order to be successful in this role you need to be a proactive communicator, have a hands on mentality with attention to details. You need to be flexible and able to change priorities in a dynamic and fast-growing organization.
Who are you
- HBO degree in Logistics Management, Supply Chain or related
- 3-5 years of related work experience, preferably in supply chain and or procurement, strongly preferred in Life Sciences
- Experience in leading negotiations with suppliers
- Self starter, hands on approach, team-player
- Business orientation, solution seeking, forward planning, numbers literate, ability to engage people of all disciplines and areas of expertise
- A competitive salary
- Participation in our employee stock option plan and pension plan
- A dynamic work environment in a new exciting field using cutting edge technologies, working with the leaders in the field
- A caring culture with strong emphasis on team performance and personal development
- A Gym Membership