Overview of Xylem
The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
The Role: A Business Systems Manager serves as a liaison between IT and the business systems users to work on key improvement processes that lead to the betterment of customer experience. Main responsibilities include analyzing new and existing technologies by conducting quantitative and qualitative analysis on key procedures as well as supporting the business providing performance metrics and highlighting potential risks.
Essential Duties/Principal responsibilities:
- Oversee projects for implementing multiple interconnecting systems across marketing and customer service.
- Liaison between business and technical areas to translate business requirements and product vision into application definition.
- Provide recommendations for process improvements to improve performance of the business teams with the objective of improving customer experience.
- Maintain current knowledge of software updates, new functionality or enhancements to be able to make future state recommendations.
- Instruct end users in new technology and enhancements using all appropriate communication tools as well as providing support for existing system procedures.
- Develop and maintain dashboards, reports and any other appropriate data analysis tools.
- Demonstrated experience in managing and coordinating multiple projects and tasks including setting priorities and meeting deadlines
- Strong technical analysis and trouble-shooting skills
- Strong analytical, communication and collaboration skills
- Continuous Improvement mindset
- Understanding of business financials
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Business, Computer Science, Computer Information Systems or related
- 4-6 years of related work experience in Customer Service or Sales Operations fields
- Proficiency in business process reviews
- Experience with CRM, ERP and BI tools
- Project management experience is a plus
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Light lifting (20-25 lbs.), office environment
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.