Every day, we work together for what matters – bold, swift, and equitable climate action.
**ABOUT THE ROLE
This is a fantastic career opportunity to develop your growth mindset at 3Degrees and lay the foundation for a successful career in business development! The overall goal of the Business Partnership Associate - New Business is to contribute to the identification, qualification, outreach, and development of senior-level relationships with enterprise-class companies. These efforts will help to identify and generate new business focused on renewable energy certificates (RECs), carbon credits, renewable energy advisory, and climate strategy advisory services.
Day-to-day responsibilities include market and account research, new lead generation, pro-active outreach to potential clients, and qualification of inbound inquiries and referrals.
In order to achieve these goals you will have very strong communication skills and the ability to effectively connect with sustainability and energy professionals at major corporations via email, phone, and video. You will demonstrate or develop proficiency in Salesforce data management and holistic mastery of our internal business partnership tools and processes. You will also be highly adept at collaborating with internal team members.
_Remote workers agree that their home office provides a comfortable and productive environment that enables success in the role as a “remote” employee. In addition, remote team members agree to travel, for training or team collaboration and to conferences/customers as required.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
Support top of the funnel activity for the North America Business Partnerships team. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Conduct research on market sectors to identify and prioritize areas of greatest opportunity
- Perform extensive account research on potential client accounts and identify key contacts and decision-makers
- Generate new qualified opportunities through direct outreach efforts, utilizing direct email, phone, and other outreach tools
- Qualify potential clients via email, phone, and video, leveraging knowledge of the 3Degrees qualification and sales process as well as knowledge of 3Degrees’ commercial product and service offerings
- Transition qualified prospect conversations to Business Partnerships Managers, Senior Managers, and Associate Directors
- Continuously add, update and manage comprehensive and detailed account information within the salesforce.com platform
- Complete special projects as needed
You are a confident and highly motivated individual with a passion for assisting clients with sustainability and/or renewable energy goals. You are resourceful, strategic and proactive in your approach to problem-solving, and exceptionally organized. You are someone with a track record of demonstrated professional success in B2B sales or business development-related efforts.
- A desire and passion to assist commercial clients in tackling climate change and supporting their efforts to rapidly decarbonize business operations
- Corporate sustainability, renewable energy, carbon credit, and/or environmental commodities experience preferred
- Minimum of 2 years of B2B sales or business development experience selling to large enterprise commercial accounts
- Exceptional written communication skills, and a proven track record in a role involving a high level of email communication with senior level corporate decision-makers
- Exceptional verbal communication skills, and a proven track record in a role involving regular phone and video meetings (sales discovery) with senior level corporate decision-makers
- Proven analytical and research skills
- Previous training on value-based selling techniques, sales outreach methodologies, and sales qualification methodologies preferred
- BA/BS degree in a relevant discipline, or equivalent combination of professional experience and education have the best opportunity to succeed in this role
HOW WE DEFINE SUCCESS
Within 30 days
- You will complete the first month of our onboarding program and have a basic understanding of 3Degrees’ company and commercial business structure, products, and services
Within 90 days
- You will have a firm understanding of 3Degrees’ products, services, sales processes, and key tools (Salesforce, Groove, Google Drive, etc.)
Within 6 months
- You will be proficient in the key repeatable tasks of the role, and be able to effectively research, build hypotheses and business cases for engagement, conduct outreach, handle inbound inquiries, and qualify potential clients
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
- Compensation: The starting base pay for this position is $53,100 to $88,700 in the US. The total compensation package for the successful candidate in this role may exceed the base pay as it includes other incentive pay. The base pay is dependent upon many factors such as location, transferable or job-related skills, work experience, relevant training, business needs, and market demands. The base salary range is subject to change and may be modified in the future.
- Benefits: this position is eligible for a benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, 401k, flexible paid time off and more. Additional information regarding the benefits available for this position can be found at: https://jobs.jobvite.com/3degrees/jobs/jointheteam
- Supplemental Pay: this position is eligible for discretionary bonus programs including the company’s profit sharing program and participation in the Commercial Sales Commission program.
- This compensation and benefits information is based on 3Degrees’ good faith estimate as of the date of publication and may be modified in the future.
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY, INCLUSION AND EQUITY
3Degrees is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment where different perspectives contribute to better solutions. 3Degrees welcomes people regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity or gender expression, age, sex, pregnancy, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other category protected by law.