Company Profile: candi solar is a dedicated rooftop solar company for businesses across Asia and Africa. We bring together international capital, through our Swiss-based platform, and local expertise in order to provide a unique offering to this underserved sector. In doing so, candi aims to have a big social impact, reduce carbon emissions, create jobs, increase energy access, and save money for businesses of all sizes in emerging markets. www.candi.solar
Job Summary: The company is looking to recruit an ambitious and energetic Business Development Team Lead , who will help candi to lead the solar revolution. Given that candi is taking solar into a new realm with a new set of tools, the role will require creativity, innovation and a new way of thinking.
- Achieving growth and hitting sales targets by successfully leading the sales team to deliver on commercial plans
- Ownership of sales planning, recruiting, objectives setting, coaching, and performance monitoring of the sales representatives
- Driving accountability, effective and data-driven decision-making and empowerment of the sales team
- Enabling smooth collaboration with the engineering team and other related functions
- Innovation and implementing processes, and tools to streamline the team’s activities and shorten the solution delivery timeline
- Championing customer interaction excellence and client satisfaction closely with Asset Management and Marketing teams
- Implementing a strategic business plan that expands the company’s client base and ensures a strong presence in the marketplace
- Defining a set of actions and projects aiming to strengthen candi’s relationship with key industry players such as EPCs, channel partners, industry associations, regulators, etc.
Intelligence and Reporting
- Providing regular reporting to the management, including sales pipeline development, forecasting, market condition updates, sales results and performance
- Staying informed on, and analyse the impact of, energy policy and regulatory changes.
- Analysing sales metrics along with feedback from the market and trends to determine whether current sales strategies are effective and how they may be adapted
- Contributing to generating profit and building a sales pipeline by prospecting key clients in the C&I space in South Africa and Africa
- Representing candi at relevant events, meetings and conferences
Location: Cape Town or Johannesburg (combined with working from home)
Hours: Full time
Desired Qualification and Experience
- Tertiary qualification (preferably Business Administration or an equivalent degree in Engineering coming with experience in sales management)
- Experience in renewable energy is preferred but candi is happy to receive applications from people with experience in other industries (technology & software, finance, insurance, construction, FMCG, etc.) in South Africa
- Minimum 7 years experience in a sales role
- Minimum 3 years experience in a team management role
- Display a track record of driving a sales team in a fast-paced sales environment - able to work towards and hit KPIs while building a positive team spirit
- Demonstrated ability to develop plans to support the strategy and ensure the execution of plans
- Ability to spend 50% of the time leading a team and 50% of the time driving revenue through personal production
- Ability to fully leverage all processes and technology tools to more productively deliver results
- Flexibility to travel as needed
- Excellent mentoring, coaching, and people management skills
- Financial modelling and commercial contract understanding are a plus
- Must be very comfortable working in the digital realm, using tools such as Google Workspace and/or Microsoft Office, CRMs and other tools such as Asana, Slack, etc.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills, written and spoken English
- You agree to live out the candi values every day of your employment: this includes to put empathy before ego, being authentic no matter what, that we work as one and follow the candi principle that less is more
- A dynamic, cross-functional team player, willing to take initiative on projects in the context of a multicultural scale-up trying to execute big, bold ideas.
- Having experience working for an international company, or having studied or worked abroad, is considered a plus.
- Remote working is the norm but must be prepared to work in the office as and when required.
- You must be open, honest, trustworthy, a strong communicator, and understand that what we get done as a team surpasses what we get done individually.
- candi is an equal opportunities employer.
candi is unique because...
- We focus on helping businesses of all sizes in emerging markets get access to cheap, clean rooftop solar energy.
- We have a strong emphasis on a client-centric & innovation-driven working culture.
- We are an international team where remote working is commonplace, where we trust our team members to actively carve out a role for themselves according to their skillset.
The application must include a cover letter - included in this letter should be a brief discussion regarding why you believe you would be a fit for this role and for candi solar.
Only qualified candidates will be contacted.