Xylem is hiring a
The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
The Role: Business Development Manager – WASH
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
The candidate will be part of Xylems Essence of Life Solutions business. This unit seeks to leverage Xylem’s portfolio of products, solutions and partnerships to improve the developing world’s access to safely managed water & sanitation through a “profit with purpose” approach to scale social impact (SDG 6).
The candidate will be responsible for meeting sales objective through the promotion of Xylem’s products and solutions to NGOs, governments and development sector actors. The candidate will also seek to develop relationships with international development agencies and align our efforts with their prioritized focus areas and projects. Other core responsibilities will be to implement marketing activities and product launches and maintain and develop relationships with colleagues across the organization to share market knowledge and business opportunities
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
· This position will lead efforts to work with customers, partners, government, non-government organizations (NGOs) and others across global regions to accelerate Xylems impact with regards to SDG 6
· Building relationship with allocated NGO accounts and promoting Xylem products portfolio to achieve sales and social impact through executed projects.
· Set and monitor action plans for each account to implement growth initiatives.
· Identifying, evaluating and establishing suitable routes to market.
· Planning and executing marketing and sales activities, e.g. customer seminars, sales visits, technical training sessions, factory visits, product launches
· Work with contractors, consultants, and distribution channels to increase revenues from client base
· Develop relationships and business development activities with international development agencies in the region and understand their focus areas, on-going projects, etc.
· Support the Global director by laying out short-term and long-term strategy, operational rhythm, developing channels to access new markets and cross-functional team structure.
· Co-operate with broader team and Xylems functional teams to ensure that departmental functions and objectives are achieved efficiently
Ø Commercial Team Africa: management team at area/regional level, regional management (emerging markets)
Ø functional: regular collaboration with the EM Xylem Sales Management, Finance, Sales Support, Order Logistics and sustainability team
Ø Open up and manage communications with Growth Centers, and know how to ask for support from the Growth Centers and other internal stakeholders
Ø Consultants, End Users, Distributors, Contractors, NGOs, development agencies, governments