The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
The Business Development Manager is responsible for the Market Development and growth of Xylem product sales & services into the National Contractors and Building Services market via specification sales through Consultants, contractor’s & Distributors as determined by the management team. The incumbent will be tasked with identifying & exploiting sales, opportunities, applications and support for all products services available through Xylem Water Solutions Ireland Ltd.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- To develop and grow the specifications of Building Services products and services within the Irish market through both consultants & contractors.
- To develop and deliver CPD presentations to Building Services consultants in order to increase brand awareness of Xylem products.
- Work with other Sales Teams to ensure above market rate growth within the Building Services market sector.
- To develop and maintain Building Services specifications in both clean / wastewater applications and work with existing / new channel partners and work in partnership with Area Sales Managers to ensure maximum potential gain in share of wallet.
- Analyse sales data and arrange your activities in accordance with needs to grow the business within your identified areas of responsibility.
- To liaise closely with other Area Sales Manager’s and Field Sales Engineers to ensure cross-communication of ideas and successes and, where appropriate carry out joint visits to support Field sales Engineers to gain incremental business with the Building Services markets.
- To work alongside Sales Director to develop an Annual Growth Plan identifying strategic and financial goals for all clean / waste water products and services demonstrating how these will be achieved.
- To identify, develop and support any alliances in the Building Services market necessary to gain sales leverage for products and / or services. Due attention must be paid to the impact that such alliances may have in other regions of the country or parts of the business.
- To establish and develop contacts at all levels within the Building Services customers to meet, or arrange meetings for others, with these contacts such that our business direction and growth opportunities are identified and exploited.
- Any other duties, within your capabilities, as required by Management
Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:**
- Must demonstrate a proven track record of a successful Sales role over a 3-5-year sustained period in a Fluid Handling or associated market, with a bias to driving specification sales.
- Presentation skills - preparing and delivering to all levels to internal and external audiences, especially needed for CPD requirements.
- Must have a good understanding of Windows based computer programs, in particular Excel and CRM platform (ideally salesforce).
- Coaching and Mentoring skills.
- Full Driving License.