Company Profile: candi is a dedicated rooftop solar company for businesses across Asia and Africa. We bring together international capital, through our Swiss-based platform, and local expertise in order to provide a unique offering to this underserved sector. In doing so, candi aims to have a big social impact, reduce carbon emissions, create jobs, increase energy access, and save money for businesses of all sizes in emerging markets. www.candi.solar
Job Summary: The company is looking to recruit an ambitious and energetic Sales professional, who will help candi to lead the solar revolution. Given that candi is taking solar into a new realm with a new set of tools, the role will require creativity, innovation and a new way of thinking.
Specifically, the job requires taking ownership of the following for the South African team:
- Meeting or exceeding quotas for overall sales target and KPIs
- Generating profit by building and maintaining a sales pipeline in South Africa and Africa in line with the candi strategy
- Prospecting clients in the C&I space
- Developing strong business relationships with key industry players such as EPCs, channel partners, industry associations, regulators, etc.
- Taking ownership of and driving the sales process to guarantee a deal’s success working with stakeholders to clear technical, administrative, regulatory and financial aspects
- Working closely with the Engineering team and other support functions to guarantee the delivery of the project to the client in a timely manner
- Reporting and actively using and updating candi’s CRM tool (Salesforce)to reflect business development activity
- Analysing sales metrics along with feedback from the market and trends to determine whether current sales strategies are effective and how they may be adapted
- Supporting the Marketing team with all relevant events, meetings and conferences
- Innovating and implementing processes and tools to streamline the team’s activities
- Staying informed on, and analysing the impact of, energy policy and regulatory changes.
Location: Cape Town or Johannesburg or Durban (combined with working from home)
Hours: Full time (80%+ will be considered depending on the circumstances)
- Tertiary qualification (preferably Business Administration, Marketing or an equivalent degree in Engineering coming with experience in sales)
- First-hand experience of business development in renewable energy, other infrastructure, finance or other related industry in South Africa, preferably in your assigned geographic area
- Proven track record of hitting target and KPIs
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks from client acquisition to closing
- Ideally joining with an existing network of potential clients, partners (EPCs/ commission agents) to tap into across the C&I sector in South Africa.
- Exposure to, or a good understanding of, solar financial (or similar/related) products
- Financial modelling and commercial contract understanding are a plus
- Being savvy with creating, selling and clearly communicating techno-commercial proposals to a non-technical client audience
- Display a track record of thriving in a fast-paced sales environment, able to work towards and hit KPIs. Being a self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit is paramount
- The role will include a significant amount of travelling to meet clients, which you must be very comfortable with
- Must be very comfortable working in the digital realm, using tools such as Google Workspace and/or Microsoft Office, CRMs and other tools such as Asana, Slack, etc.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills, written and spoken English required, Afrikaans or African languages is a plus
- You agree to live out the candi values every day of your employment: this includes to put empathy before ego, being authentic no matter what, that we work as one and follow the candi principle that less is more
- A dynamic, cross-functional team player, willing to take initiative on projects in the context of a multicultural scale-up trying to execute big, bold ideas.
- Having experience working for an international company, or having studied or worked abroad, is considered a plus.
- Remote working is the norm but must be prepared to work in the office as and when required.
- You must be open, honest, trustworthy, a strong communicator, and understand that what we get done as a team surpasses what we get done individually.
- candi is an equal opportunities employer.
candi is unique because...
- We focus on helping businesses of all sizes in emerging markets get access to cheap, clean rooftop solar energy.
- We have a strong emphasis on a client-centric & innovation-driven working culture.
- We are an international team where remote working is commonplace, where we trust our team members to actively carve out a role for themselves according to their skillset.
The application must include a cover letter - included in this letter should be a brief discussion regarding why you believe you would be a fit for this role and for candi solar.
Only qualified candidates will be contacted.