Goodwill Industries International is hiring a
TITLE: Brand Campaign Specialist
RESPONSIBLE TO: Brand Marketing Manager
DIVISION/DEPART: Marketing & Communications
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
The Brand Campaign Specialist is responsible for day-to-day project coordination of Goodwill’s national brand campaign for use by Goodwill Industries International (GII) and the Goodwill network. The specialist will advise members on available resources, campaign usage and advertising strategy, coordinate the work of GII’s agency partner for development of creative and other campaign deliverables while providing regular support to the brand management team across all internal and external communications needs related to the national brand campaign. This position works directly with GII’s Chief Marketing Officer, Senior Director of Brand Management and Brand Marketing Manager to promote and maintain the brand campaign and with the Goodwill network to ensure achievement of campaign goals, adherence to campaign consistency and advancement of campaign execution in local markets. This position will coordinate the collaborative efforts of key stakeholder groups including coordination of cross-functional teams, external agencies, and media outlets.
Campaign Development and National Media Planning
· Coordinate day-to-day brand campaign functions internally and externally.
· Assist with the development of comprehensive marketing and communications plans for engagement of the public and internal promotion with Goodwill members.
· Monitor analytics and produce reports for the brand campaign for use in executive leadership, member and GII updates.
· Provide day-to-day coordination of work performed by creative agency, production/research vendors and media outlets, including project planning, milestone tracking, results reporting and contract/invoice processing.
· Liaise across GII MarCom teams to ensure timely engagement, review and communications.
Member Service and Support
· Support development and implementation of brand campaign materials and services to increase member engagement, use and support of the brand campaign.
· Serve as a center-of-knowledge and support for Goodwill members to advance the brand campaign.
· Help develop member competency in accessing and executing the brand campaign by delivering webinars, writing member-facing communications, updating intranet content, developing virtual trainings and hosting consultations.
· Collect data, prepare reports and analyze metrics of member use of the brand campaign and engagement with GII.
· Contribute to development of Goodwill brand resources to empower Goodwill members in delivering an aligned Goodwill brand locally.
· Develop written communications for GII staff on behalf of the MarCom department to promote awareness of the brand campaign and its impact.
· Develop and deliver presentations related to respective activities to GII staff; interact with all levels of Goodwill staff regarding the brand campaign.
Other duties as assigned.
Internal: Frequent interaction with all GII departments and staff.
Goodwill Members: Frequent interaction with member marketing and communications, retail, mission and other departments, as necessary, to perform job requirements.
External: Frequent contact with marketing, public relations, and advertising/media staff with agencies and media outlets.
Government Officials: N/A
· Excellent organization skills: planning, ability to prioritize projects, manage multiple tasks simultaneously, set and meet deadlines and adhere to schedules.
· Strong problem solving and process improvement skills. Ability to move between strategic thinking to tactical execution.
· Excellent oral, written, and presentation communication skills.
· Comprehensive understanding of communications concepts and practices, including marketing, advertising, public relations and internal communications.
· Familiarity with advertising industry terms and file types.
· Experience working with marketing, advertising, and/or PSA placement agencies.
· Demonstrated skill in marketing/advertising creative development.
· Superior interpersonal skills.
· Demonstrated skills in collaboration and project management.
· Meticulous attention to detail.
· Ability to operate with minimal supervision and demonstrated self-initiative.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office.
· Ability to interpret, communicate and execute policies that affect Goodwill members and functions across membership and GII.
· Ability to travel as necessary.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, or related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
EXPERIENCE: 1 to 3 years’ experience in marketing, communications, editorial, advertising, or combination thereof. Experience with coordinating advertising and marketing campaigns with media planning, creative development, digital marketing and internal stakeholder communications experience.
DECISION MAKING: Ability to make frequent ethical, member-friendly and brand consistent decisions. Identification of problems and development of solutions.
SUPERVISION: General – Latitude is given to determine approaches and methodologies for accomplishing the work within departmental guidelines. Work is reviewed to assure it is conceptually sound and meets assignment objectives.
PHYSICAL EFFORT: Sedentary, lifting 10 lbs. maximum. Walking or standing is required only occasionally. Requires long hours at a computer. Occasional travel.
EMOTIONAL EFFORT: Work environment usually hectic with occasional periods of high stress. Will need a positive attitude to meet daily challenges.