The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you!
The Role: Xylem seeks to hire a Branch Manager who will be responsible for leading the overall growth and profitability of a Branch by managing the daily operations, providing outstanding customer service and ensuring the highest standards in the attraction, recruitment and development of a world class team of dewatering professionals. Through the development of the Godwin Dri-Prime and Flygt brand pumping systems the Branch Manager will be an integral part of a global organization with a brand recognition that represents the highest quality standards and overall customer obsession.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Maximize financial performance of the branch by expanding the sales and rentals of the Godwin Dri-Prime® and Flygt® Brand of pumps.
- Develop and execute the business plan (key elements include: fiscal responsibilities, human resource planning and local marketing) for the branch.
- Analyze and assess customers’ pumping needs. Recommend and design pumping systems to meet those needs. Provide technical services and support to customers and all branch employees.
- Develop sales reports, bids, proposals and quotes. Keep abreast of and review/analyze Dodge Room and Contractors Exchange Bid reports.
- Identify and develop and implement local marketing strategies to maximize sales.
- Build company image by collaborating with customers, government, community organizations, and employees.
- Ensure efficient operations and maintenance of entire facility to include both the shop and office areas.
- Collaborate with other Branch Managers within the Region to ensure the overall Region is able to achieve its overall targets and goals.
- Ensure the maintenance of a hazard-free work environment and safe operating. Serve as a role model and set a positive example for the entire team in all aspects of business and human resource management.
- Continuously coach and develop the skills and knowledge of all employees and model Xylem’s Core Values of; Respect, Responsibility, Integrity and Creativity while creating an environment where the team is expected to do the same.
- Continuously coach and develop the skills and knowledge of sales representatives through utilization of sales tools (e.g. reviewing call logs, reviewing budgets, planning and organization skills, managing territories, ride-alongs, etc.).
- Assess each employee’s performance based on clearly communicated expectations and by holding the employees accountable for performance.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience is required.
- 3+ years’ experience having lead and managed a team is required.
- 3+ years’ experience in related field of pumping systems, equipment rental or construction preferred.
- Previous business management experience, including direct P&L responsibility.
- To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- General knowledge of the operation and maintenance of a facility.
- General knowledge of mechanical and pumping designs; hydraulics; pneumatics; water flow; diesel, gas and electric motors.
- Effective leadership, motivational, organizational and communication skills.
- Ability to provide superior customer service.
- Strong teamwork and organizational skills with the ability to multi-task.
- Effective interpersonal skills with customers, employees, and management team.
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing.
- Ability to demonstrate effective negotiation and influencing skills along with knowledge of selling practices and techniques.
- Demonstrated technical and project management skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products and the use of computer applications.
- Ability to meet and continuously maintain authorization to operate a company vehicle.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, Working Parents Networks and Non-Native English Speakers and Allies.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
(The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters and must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements
- Manufacturing floor: work performed within manufacturing production areas such as assembly lines, fabrication, welding, etc.
- Work hours may keep individual after hours or be required to work weekends based on production demand and schedule
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.