The Benefits & Payroll Coordinator (BPC) - is responsible for the administration and compliance of Feeding South Florida’s (FSF) payroll and benefits functions. The BPC will ensure that payroll and benefits are administered in accordance with federal and state regulations and that plan provisions are followed. FSF’s BPC should have a strong moral compass and understand that accuracy and discretion is of paramount importance in this role.
- Responsible for maintaining employee benefit elections and changes including medical, dental, vision, FSA, 403B/401K and other supplemental coverages.
- Ensure the accuracy of all benefit enrollments and reporting in the HRIS.
- Respond to benefit inquiries from employees on benefit enrollment, benefit changes, plan provisions, and other inquiries.
- Process and administer all leave of absence requests and disability paperwork: medical, personal, disability, FMLA, Military, ADA-compliance.
- Process and track all FMLA request and COBRA elections.
- Assist in managing annual benefits open enrollment process.
- Ensure compliance with annual reporting of 5500’s
- Reconcile benefits billing.
- Work with the HR team to manage health and wellness programs.
- Responsible for processing and accurate completion of bi-weekly payroll cycles.
- Update and maintain all pertinent information that affects payroll issues though the payroll/HRIS recordkeeping system including reviewing time entries and entering timesheet data, verifying check registers, labor distribution, taxes, and all employee deductions.
- Process employee expense reimbursement.
- Process wage garnishments, pay levies and any other court ordered wage withholding.
- Process all year-end reports, distributions and reconciliation of W-2, 1094-C & 1095-C information.
- Adhere to all federal filing deadlines for ACA reporting in accordance with W-2 & 1099 reporting.
- Implement and maintain payroll best practices to improve efficiency with payroll and HRIS processes.
- Conduct periodic audits of time entries and time keeping policies.
- Associate degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or related field required. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Minimum combined 3-5 years’ work experience in payroll or accounting and benefits.
- Prior experience with any of the following pay systems Paychex, UKG, ADP or other related system management.
- Active payroll certification (CPP) preferred.
- Strong knowledge of payroll and employment tax laws.
- Proficient in excel – ability to use formulas and build pivot tables.
- Ability to use MS 365 suite – SharePoint, Teams
- Strong organization skills, extremely detailed and ability to analyze data.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
- Team player with a positive attitude.
- Bilingual preferred (English/Spanish).
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORKING CONDITIONS
- Hours of Operation: Hours of operation for this position are Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m., after business hours work may be required occasionally throughout the year to meet specific deadlines.
- Environment: This position works in a typical office setting. There may be extended periods of sitting, standing and/or bending; listening, talking and/or visual concentration; writing and/or computer use. Occasional work will occur in the warehouse or outside in inclement weather. The noise is the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
- Travel: FSF serves four counties, occasional out of town travel for work and special events using personal vehicle may be required with FSF approved reimbursable expenses for meetings, and conferences.
- OSHA Standards: Lifting requirements are 15 pounds and when lifting loads heavier than 50 pounds, use two or more people to lift the load.
Feeding South Florida (FSF) is a member of the Feeding America network and the leading domestic hunger relief organization serving Palm Beach, Broward, Miami-Dade and Monroe Counties. As the second largest food bank in the Feeding America network, FSF is responsible for serving 25 percent of the state’s food insecure population. A four-star rated organization by Charity Navigator, FSF is one of the most efficient nonprofits nationally; over 98 percent of all donations are put back into the community.
FSF values service above all else. We’re looking for innovative and strategic thinkers who are committed to improving the lives of those around them. FSF “Friendly Food Bankers” embrace the enormity of our role in the community and know that serving others comes before any one individual. Friendly Food Bankers have compassion, dedication, act with integrity and are committed to stewardship and inclusion.
Full medical, dental and vision insurance; contribute up to 3% match to a 401K after one year of service; 17 days paid time off; a diverse team that is representative of the community we serve; continuous learning opportunities; a high-performance culture that will help challenge and grow your skill set.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug Free Workplace/ADA Compliant