Rare inspires change so people and nature thrive. For over 45 years, across 60 countries, we have inspired and empowered millions of people and communities to shift their behaviors and practices to protect our shared planet. Rare’s organizational culture is results-oriented, entrepreneurial, and defined by our five core values: Courage to Take Risks, Commitment to Accountability, Mindset of Solutionology, Investments in People, and Spirit of Celebration.
The Behavior Adoption Communications Manager will provide in-country (Philippines) support to the Fish Forever program through development, planning, and implementation support of behavior adoption strategies at the sub-national and local level. He/she/they will also assist in the training of internal and external stakeholders on behavior adoption, social marketing, and in monitoring and reporting on the progress of on-going behavior adoption strategies being implemented on-site.
- In collaboration with the Senior Director for Shared Services (Philippines) and Director for Behavior Adoption (Global Hub), develop appropriate behavior adoption strategies and corresponding implementation plans (which may include social marketing communication plans) in support of the work plans of the Philippines Program Implementation Cluster teams and the Shared Services Philippines team
- Adapt Global Fish Forever behavior adoption strategies into local strategies for implementation on-site
- Participate as the Philippine behavior adoption representative in the Global meetings and activities, along with the Director for Behavior Adoption (Philippines)
- Liaise and maintain regular contact with Implementation Clusters teams and Shared Services team to ensure smooth/effective communication between internal stakeholders
- Assist in various capacity building activities for behavior adoption and social marketing
- Take lead in preparing and monitoring the behavior adoption budget
- Take lead in preparing terms of reference for contractors, monitoring deliverables, and managing billings and other requirements for successful completion of third-party activities related to executing behavior adoption strategies
- Monitor the progress and effectiveness of behavior adoption strategies implemented by recording and reporting behavior adoption indicators and Most Significant Stories
- Travel to the sites (upon the request of internal stakeholders) to co-deliver behavior adoption and/or social marketing training, support behavior adoption strategy implementation, and other related services within scope
- Work closely with the behavior adoption Strategy Visualizer during the ideation and creative execution of BA strategies when needed
Experience & Education:
- A degree in Psychology or Marketing Communication
- 3 years’ experience in behavior change communication and community engagement in the health or environment sector
- Experience in an advertising agency, marketing department, or similar industry is a plus
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Superior integrity, organization, and interpersonal skills; effective team-working skills;
- Ability to work under pressure and assimilate large quantities of information quickly, while maintaining attention to detail
- Must be flexible, willing to perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Rare is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes all to apply: M/F/D/V