We are The Forward Trust (formerly RAPt and Blue Sky), the social enterprise with charitable status that empowers people to break the often interlinked cycles of crime and addiction to move forward with their lives. For more than 25 years we have been working with people to build positive and productive lives, whatever their past. We believe that anyone is capable of lasting change. Our services have supported thousands of people to make positive changes and build productive lives with a job, family, friends and a sense of community.
What you will be doing?
Full time or part time roles available
To provide high-quality clinical assessment and treatment to substance dependant clients in a residential setting, working in a multi disciplinary team.
You will ensure the delivery and monitoring of high standards of nursing care and relevant substance misuse interventions to all Service Users in accordance with the standards set out in the NMC Code of Conduct.
As a Senior Nurse, you will demonstrate leadership and undertake managerial responsibilities when required.
What we are looking for?
- A Minimum of 2 years post-registration experience
- Evidence of personal development since entering the NMC register
- Previous experience of managing a staff team
- Knowledge of the safe storage and administration of medication
- Knowledge and ability to comply with the NMC Code of Conduct
- Ability to assess, plan, implement and evaluate patient care and act accordingly if concerns present themselves
- Ability and knowledge to carry out risk assessments and management
- Strong IT Skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to maintain accurate patient records within the standards required locally, the Forward Trust and NMC
- Demonstrate the ability to work under pressure
- Understand the different roles within a multidisciplinary team and be able to work effectively within this
- Ability to provide and accept feedback, support and clinical supervision
- Knowledge and an awareness of health issues related to Substance Misuse
- Flexible approach to work
- Ability to travel to other sites
- Committed approach to continuous professional development and the revalidation process
- Dignified and holistic approach to care
- Leadership skills (motivating, use of initiative, change management)
- Ability to lead and facilitate decision-making processes
- Organisational skills
- Experience of working within a secure environment
- Experience working within a recovery model
- Ability to provide and coordinate clinical and management supervision
- Audit process and an ability to use audit tools
- Working knowledge of SystmOne
- Critical Analysis and Research Skills
- Familiarity with Blood Bourne Viruses
What we offer
Alongside Simply Health coverage, and a contributory pension scheme to assist employees with their general health and well-being. We offer:
- Training opportunities and career development
- Season Ticket Loan Scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- 25 days (rising to 30 with length of service) Annual Leave plus Bank Holidays
- Contributory Pension Scheme – Employer matched contributions of up to 6% in the first two years’ service and up to 9% thereafter
- Death in Service Payment (2x annual salary)
- Critical Illness Insurance (subject to qualifying criteria)
*Please note that all roles which come into contact with services users will require successful candidates to be fully vaccinated against Coronavirus with effect from 1st April 2022 (unless a medical exemption certificate is obtained from your GP) and this will form part of contractual offers.
Band 6 Substance Misuse Nurse - Nurse Manager