$3,500.00 Signing Bonus - 1/2 paid at 90 days of employment and second 1/2 paid at 120 days.
The Baler Operative/Warehouse Associate will be responsible for ensuring the accurate and seamless processing of incoming and outgoing shipments. The Baler Operative/Warehouse Associate must load and unload shipments regularly, with the capability of repetitive heavy lifting, and use any necessary equipment, e.g. lift truck, forklift, etc. Other responsibilities will include the inspection of incoming and outgoing shipments to verify contents and quality, reconciling lab results with shipment lots with inventory management system and may be required to assist in the scheduling of freight appointments. The Baler Operative/Warehouse Associate must understand the impact of this position to other business functions that depend on the accuracy and efficiency of warehouse operations. Inventory management and vendor relations with shipping companies are essential functions for this position. Other duties may be assigned as necessary.
We are seeking a talented, motivated, and top performer to be a part of a smart and energetic team, as Li-Cycle commercializes its technology.
- Prepare receiving dock to accept incoming product.
- Prepare materials for shipment.
- Match incoming and outgoing shipments with purchase orders.
- Reconcile shipments to laboratory results.
- Operate a Forklift or Pallet Jack in a safe manner to move received product.
- Maintain a safe work environment.
- May be required to assist with scheduling freight appointments.
- May lift cases of product and/or stock merchandise according to documented procedures.
- Process all required paperwork and maintain adequate records for reporting and tracking.
- Prepare weekly/ monthly production reports.
- Oversee the secure and accurate loading and unloading of deliveries.
- Manage inventory of shipping materials and supplies.
- Report discrepancies to immediate supervisor.
- Problem solve for any cases of missing documents, shipments and deliveries.
- Maintain organized work area according to policies, procedures and safety regulations.
- Make deliveries with a company vehicle as assigned.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Forklift certification preferred.
- CDL truck license
- Experience in the chemical industry preferred.
- Working experience in Shipping and Receiving role preferred.
- Experience with logistics.
- Ability to perform repetitive heavy lifting.
- Able to communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Basic mathematical skills.
- Knowledge of filling out waybills and bills of landing and international shipments.
- Ability to weigh and measure items.
- Working knowledge of safe lifting methods.
- Demonstrated ability to operate material handling equipment including forklift truck and pallet truck.
- Able to work efficiently as a part of a team as well as independently.
- Computer literacy, including working skills of Excel and e-mail.
- Attention to detail in all areas of work.
- Good organizational, time management and prioritizing skills.
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude.
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals.
- Overtime as required.
- Lifting or moving up to 50 lbs may be required.
- Work is performed in a combination of environments.
- This position may be exposed to elements such as noise, dust, odours, fumes and oils.
- Scheduled based on 24-hour shift rotation.
- Wear required PPE for full duration of work-shift: nitrile gloves, safety glasses, steel toe shoes, hard hat or bump cap, and uniform; respirator and face shield as needed.
- High-level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results-orientation
- Team Work
- Problem Solving
- Accountability and Dependability
- Basic computer skills
- Operating Equipment
- Ethics and Integrity
- Proactive self-starter with an 'owner's mindset'
- Consistently delivers quality work on time, with a strong attention to detail
- Support and practice all Health and Safety practices
Benefits of Working for Li-Cycle:
- High impact work: as a core member of the team, you have the opportunity to take a primary lead role and make a significant impact
- Global environmental impact: we are a clean technology company with a mission to reduce CO2 emissions globally to ensure a sustainable future for the environment
- Passionate team: we are pushing boundaries and are passionate about everything we do
Li-Cycle is on a mission to leverage its innovative solution to address an emerging and urgent global challenge. Lithium-ion rechargeable batteries are increasingly powering our world in automotive, industrial/utility/residential energy storage, and consumer electronic applications. The world needs improved technology and supply chain innovations to better recycle these batteries, and to meet the rapidly growing demand for critical and scarce battery-grade materials.
Li-Cycle Technology™ is a low cost, safe, environmentally friendly process that can recycle all types of lithium-ion batteries. It can do so with an unparalleled recovery rate of up to 100% of all materials. Li-Cycle’s industry-leading innovations make it uniquely positioned to support a key element of the growing international movement towards zero carbon technologies as part of the circular economy.
For more information, you can view Li-Cycle's corporate video here: