Job Location: Melbourne, Sydney or Brisbane
Reporting to: Head of Development, Australia
A world free of fossil fuels. If you share our vision, then join us on our mission.
This is your opportunity to make a real difference in averting the climate crisis, in an organisation that is at the forefront of the global transition to renewable energy.
Mainstream Renewable Power is a recognised global leader in renewable energy; and the pride we all get from developing, constructing and operating our projects is one reason why we are officially recognised as a Great Place to Work.
Now we are looking for people who can power our progress to a new level. If you want to make a real difference in the world, working with our extraordinary team across six continents, check out our newly created role.
Summary of Role:
The Senior Development Manager will be responsible for delivering a viable pipeline of renewable energy developments in Australia ready for construction. You will play an active role in the full range of development activities from project inception through to the commencement of construction for renewable energy projects including wind, solar PV and battery storage. Activities will cover devising development strategies, identification of greenfield development opportunities, securing land tenure, managing the initial site feasibility process, community consultation & stakeholder management and overseeing, alongside the Development Manager, the activities required for the consents process.
What you will do?
- Provide input to the greenfield renewables development strategy & build a development pipeline via a sound understanding of current market dynamics, such as influence of Renewable Energy Zones, power system planning and other policies
- Identify and develop renewable energy prospects consistent with the company goals and objectives
- Develop, maintain and promote the business case for each development project
- Develop plans for taking sites through their feasibility studies, such as onboarding relevant consultants and contractors for environmental surveys, wind monitoring etc, while utilising internal and external resources to deliver quality outcomes in accordance with Mainstream’s Global Development Standards, corporate values and processes
- Deliver assigned tasks on time, budget and to agreed quality
- Negotiate and secure property and neighbour agreements with landowner(s) to provide appropriate rights to develop, construct and operate renewable energy facilities
- Direct and provide support to the Development Manager to secure all third-party consents necessary to build and operate renewable energy facilities
- Initiate the early stages of the grid connection process
- Maintain effective communication with all external stakeholders and the project team and prepare and present progress reports to senior management
- Ensure greenfield project opportunities are developed in accordance with Mainstream’s policies and procedures
What we require?
- Degree qualified in a relevant discipline
- Significant renewable energy industry experience (10+ years) in Australia
- Very good understanding of the development process including site identification, constraints analysis, grid connection and permitting process in Australia
- Experience preparing Environmental Impact Assessments (EIA) and preparing information for submitting the development application
- Good knowledge and experience in negotiating and securing land tenure
- Good project management skills with experience managing internal and external resources
- Strong organization and planning skills
- Ability to use Microsoft software packages such as Word, Excel, Outlook is essential
- Driver’s license required
- Flexibility to travel interstate as required
What we offer?
We offer you the opportunity to work in a dynamic and entrepreneurial organisation, in a growing market in a fast paced industry. You will receive a very. competitive total benefits package including an excellent base salary and bonus scheme. Applications from Brisbane, Sydney and Melbourne will be considered.
Flexibility on working from home arrangements.