Who we are
eHealth Africa (eHA) designs and implements data-driven solutions and technologies to improve health systems for and with local communities. eHA’s technology works in low connectivity settings, and smartly uses data to drive decision-making by local governments and partner agencies to get optimum results.
We leverage our staff and department expertise across five programmatic areas:
- Health Delivery Systems
- Public Health Emergency Management Systems
- Disease Surveillance Systems
- Laboratory & Diagnostic Systems
- Nutrition & Food Security Systems
In each of these programmatic areas, we partner with governments, communities, nonprofits and other stakeholders to generate holistic solutions, because we believe that every community deserves access to the types of tools that can enable them to lead healthier lives.
Purpose of the position
The Associate Manager Budgeting duties will consist of providing support to the Grants Management Office for proposal budget developments and donor reporting. This role is going to be responsible for liaison with programs and grants teams to prepare budgets and narratives in alignment with the RFPs. He/She will be engaged for preparation and submission of financial reports to the donors
What you’ll do
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other duties may be assigned:
Proposal Costing and Budget Development:
- Lead the proposal budgeting process for eHA proposals using eHA or donor budgeting templates, working closely with the programs team on project activities and personnel level of effort from cost perspective and preparing briefings for budget review by management.
- Maintain well documented records supporting pricing used in the development of proposals. Collaborates with the programs and grants team to write, compile and edit cost proposal inputs into cohesive and compelling content that includes narrative, numeric and graphic information where applicable
- Review and analyze financial data to identify trends, variances, and opportunities for improvement, and provide recommendations to the Manager, Grants and Contract.
- Participates in the development of proposal budget narratives which help in understanding how different activities and roles will contribute in successful delivery of the scope of work.
- Oversee and gather sourcing and verification of pricing information and unit costs. Ensure the accuracy and completeness of each proposal budget.
- Supports in ensuring cost proposals submitted meet funder specifications and deadlines
- Conduct desk research on donor rules and acceptable costing methodologies for potential opportunities.
- Prepare supporting documentation for long- and short-term cost proposal submissions, including certifications and company’s financial information
- Work closely with the Finance and Grants team to develop long-term financial plans and projections.
- Develop and implement policies and procedures to ensure compliance with relevant financial regulations and reporting requirements.
- Manage proposal budgeting timelines and deliverables, ensuring timely submission of budget proposals to donors.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of donor rules and regulations and budget templates.
- Train and mentor staff on budgeting processes and financial analysis.
Who you are
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to successfully perform this job.
- Masters degree from a college or university in Finance and Accounting or any other related field.
- Minimum of four to six (4 - 6) years of broad financial experience, ideally supporting proposal budget development teams and grants management offices for complex global nonprofit organizations with multiple funding sources, including the US government, other country governments, the European Union, UN, and foundations.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work effectively with staff at all levels.
- Experience in developing and managing complex proposal budgets and project designs.
- Knowledge of financial management principles and practices.
- Proficiency in financial software and tools.
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple priorities.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and respond to tight deadlines.
- Demonstrated understanding of donor rules and regulations and budget templates.
- Grant lifecycle Management Skill is an advantage
- Must have methodical thinking approach
- Energetic, flexible, collaborative, and proactive team player
- Action-oriented and resilient in a fast-paced environment
- Familiarity with the types of development and humanitarian programs eHA conducts.
- Strong work ethic, customer service orientation and willingness to roll-up sleeves when necessary; strive for continuous improvement.
- Willingness to travel to countries where eHA operates.
Certifications and Licenses
ACCA, CFA, ACA, Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or equivalent is desired.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but can become louder at times due to group discussions or activities. eHA is a tobacco-free environment.
eHA Gender Diversity Statement
At eHealth Africa, diversity is integral to who we are. We value and honor diverse backgrounds and experiences, strive to create inclusive and equitable working environments that promote Learning, Fairness and Opportunities for all.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
We believe strongly in our mission and values, and our teams are most successful when they do also.
IMPACT & QUALITY:
We push ourselves to maintain high standards ensuring that we produce the most meaningful results in everything we do, no matter how big or small.
INNOVATIVE PROBLEM SOLVING:
We maintain a worldview driven by possibilities, not limitations. We take smart risks and foster an environment where creativity and innovation thrive.
We are honest and truthful in our work. We always do what is right, even when it is not easy. We put our values into practice and hold each other accountable.
Qualified females are strongly encouraged to apply.