- The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
- a leading global water technology company.
We’re a global team unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges. Developing new technologies that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities. In more than 150 countries, we have strong, long-standing relationships with customers who know us for our powerful combination of leading product brands and applications expertise with a strong focus on developing comprehensive, sustainable solutions. For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com**.**
If you are excited and passionate about helping us solve water, we want to hear from you!
The Role: Support the Water Utilities and Dewatering/Services business in delivering timely and accurate financial reporting. Duties include but are not limited month and quarter-end close support, various accounting related activities, Sarbanes Oxley internal control execution, internal and external audit support, account reconciliations and financial reporting and consolidations.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
Monthly closing cycle:
- Prepare and approve journal entries
- Prepare and approved various financial reporting deliverables
- Drive monthly close process to deliver timely and accurate fiscal close
- Partner with FP&A leaders (operations and finance) to ensure that business is aware of accounting matters and the potential impacts on the units’ financial results
- Drive accounting standardized across locations to ensure accuracy and consistency in reporting processes
- Maintain certain finance information in ERP systems to ensure accurate reporting (i.e. standard cost updates, list prices, FX tables, etc.)
- Ensure accounts related balance sheet accounts are reconciled per requirements (timeliness, frequency, quality)
- Design and effective execution of SOX controls (i.e. inventory, reserve accounts, etc.)
- Lead continuous improvement initiatives to drive significant improvements in accounting and reporting processes
- Coordinate with internal & external audit for accounting and control items
General Audit & SOX compliance:
- Design and maintain effective internal control environment to ensure timely and accurate financial reporting and compliance with laws and regulations. Supports internal and external audit requests
- Assist in the development and implementation of new accounting policies and procedures as required
- Submission of appropriate reports as required. Liaise with and support Finance, HR, IT and other functions within the region with SOX issues
- To support colleagues in the Company, across Regional and departmental boundaries to ensure that the Company’s goals are achieved
- Provide cover where required during any period of absence
- Comply fully with Xylem’s ethics and standard policies. Responsible for the achievement of annual departmental goals
- High level financial responsibility for the Region High potential risk for damages or losses
Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or financial/accounting with +7 years of business experience.
- CPA, CMA or CIA is required.
- Must have a working knowledge of United States Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (US GAAP) and Sarbanes-Oxley requirements.
- Comprehensive knowledge of cost accounting items (i.e. bill of materials, costing systems and methodologies)
- Experience in publicly traded multi-site environment
- Excellent communication (written and oral) and personal interaction skills required.
- Highest standards of accuracy and precision; highly organized. Articulate with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must have demonstrated the ability to engage business process owners in a direct yet professional manner, thoroughly evaluate business processes, and quickly identify potential control gaps, and implement solutions successfully.
- Ability to think creatively, highly driven and self-motivated
- Preferred: Computer Skills (ERP System, Hyperion or OneStream, Oracle)
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
- Employee must comply with all local regulations and published Company work rules as well as written instructions.
- Standard for salaried employees with ability to manage some variation in work demands day to day and month to month.
- 10% travel requirement
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.