The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you!
The Role: Requires the assembly of complex and diversified products which require close tolerance and precision fits, including simple machining operations with set-ups, pipe fitting, wiring and adjusting under minimum supervision.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Operates various machining equipment which perform operations where speeds, feeds, and tooling are generally prescribed.
- Assembles complete units of highly varied or complex nature in accordance with blueprints and specifications including pipe fitting pumps, valves, wiring electrical controls, and adjusting electrical and mechanical switches, as required.
- Tears down, repairs and builds any units built in all departments.
- Fits and adjusts parts, sub-assemblies and / or final assemblies to close tolerances.
- Tests, inspects and adjusts completed units.
- Uses hand and power tools in performance of work.
- May be required to operate all types of material handling equipment, such as forklift trucks, hoists, or pump trucks as directed.
- Work with Materials/Buyers to meet customer expectations.
- May set up and operate various types of machines such as lathes, milling machines, boring mills, grinders, etc. and performs progressive machining operations to very close tolerances, under little or no supervision.
- May be required to do the painting of various repetitive products by means of a spray gun, brush, or silk screen technique, the packing of finished goods of various size units preparatory to shipping under direct supervision.
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- High school diploma with over six months plus knowledge in related fields, such as pipe fitting and electrical wiring.
- Over one year up to and including three years experience, including experience as a licensed tow motor operator.
- Consistently dependable.
- Knowledge of ISO Quality program, Ontario safety regulations (ESH) and tow motor requirements as well as plumbing, electrical, and welding.
- Ability to read and comprehend work and computer instructions, test procedures, and safety rules, with the ability to record pump test results.
- Ability to communicate effectively with other people in the organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, Working Parents Networks and Non-Native English Speakers and Allies.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
(The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters and must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to stand for long periods; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms.
- Regularly required to lift and / or move up to 35 pounds
- Frequently required to walk, talk, see, and hear.
- Occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Occasionally exposed to wet and / or humid conditions while performing pump tests and vibrations.
- Noise levels in the work environment are usually quiet to moderate.
- Work is performed in a combination of hot/cold environments
- Exposure to elements such as noise, dust, brightly lit areas etc.
_Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
We foster a positive, equitable and progressive workforce and are committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process. We will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of this process. If you require any accommodation during the application and hiring process, please contact Human Resources, Christy Walsh at Christy.Walsh@xylem.com. Please note that this contact is for accommodation purposes only. Applications will not be accepted via email.