- The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
- Working from blueprints, diagrams, process sheets, and bills of material checks and verifies component parts for the unit requested.
- Assembles various sizes and types of pumps and sub assemblies. Assembles pump assembly to motor for units and replacement parts.
- Fits frames to units. Uses hand torch to cut and burn holes in receiver frames and suction pipes. Fits, assembles and pipes pump motor, receiver, valves, switches and pre-wired panel box on various types of Domestic units using various hand and power tools.
- Test entire unit and sub assemblies for leaks and operating function on assigned testing stations.
- Assembles, wires, tests and makes final adjustments and alignment for watchman units.
- Repairs and paints watchman units and replacement parts using spray gun.
- Packs watchman units in cartons and other containers. Checks quantities against
- Packing list applies labels and stencils as required.
- Visually and/or dimensionally checks materials, supplies, parts, sub-assemblies and finished
- Product for shortages, defects and non-standard conditions. Upon discovery notifies supervision of all shortages, defects, non-standard conditions and malfunctioning machinery and equipment.
- Maintains related records, cleans machinery, equipment and work area on a daily basis and Performs preventative maintenance as assigned. Moves materials as required using hand or power equipment. Performs all related miscellaneous duties as directed by supervision.
- Must read, write and speak English.
- Must read and interpret blueprints, diagrams and bills of material.
- Must pass piping test.
- One to two years related assembly experience.
JOB TRAINING REQUIREMENTS:
- Must either know or be trained in the following courses:
- Intro to ISO
- Blue Print Reading
- Process Sheets
- Work is performed in a typical manufacturing plant environment under the following conditions: exposure to water and coolants, noise, high voltage electric current and chemicals.
- The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by the employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical requirements include: good vision and hearing; ability to stand and walk, lift and carry 20 to 50 pounds occasionally and/or 10 to 20 pounds frequently and/or up to 10 pounds constantly; stoop, crouch, reach for and handle items, pick, pinch or otherwise work with the fingers.