Position at Ashoka
Next Now Finance Program Analyst
About Ashoka’s NEXT NOW
The world is better than we think. In pockets across the globe, humans are pioneering and implementing working, real-life solutions — answers to some of the world’s most pressing challenges. Next Now (NN) identifies, supports, and lifts these examples, and the changemakers behind them. From a bird’s eye perspective, we see patterns and frontiers of innovation that show a way to a better future. We weave a community of innovators committed to building it and share our findings and insights with the world.
The Finance analyst will actively manage, forecast, centralize and systematize Next Now’s financial & operational elements across the Next Now team of teams and talent related tasks, reporting to the Next Now Finance Lead.
About the role
In the Finance team, we know changing the world depends on getting the little things right – we’re looking for someone who shares this passion! Working across different programs and teams, the role involves developing and managing the systems and processes that keep Ashoka Next now program and international aligned partners running smoothly.
The role entails financial management (FP&A), but also unrestricted grant management and partnership management and liaison with local finance teams across Ashoka offices & global. We need you, an intrapreneurial leader with unwavering attention to detail, accurate analysis and reporting of data and the ability to work across a large global team of teams.
The working language is English.
Why you? You are an operational powerhouse. You get excited by translating vision and strategy into clear objectives and measures and know that growth and impact must be backed by transparent and solid financial management, accuracy & attention to detail. You are committed to positive social change and this has come through in your professional journey.
We offer you an exciting international working environment and numerous opportunities to grow and learn, and to extend your network. We organize international staff meetings, training programs, retreats, and a global summit where you can interact with Fellows, the Ashoka Support Network, corporate partners, foundations, and other Ashoka team members.
This job is a great chance to get a deeper insight into the world of social entrepreneurship, systems change and collaborative impact making. You will be part of a global program team and in the near future you can also join other international teams within Ashoka to share knowledge and add value, with possibilities of working in different locations and to develop in the organization.
- Centralize all program financial information and provide regular reporting/support to line-management. Execute, systematize, and streamline operational and financial needs, including budgeting/forecasting for Next Now’s budgets as well as proposals/partnerships and elaborate donors’ financial reports and contribute to any other relevant report
- Ensure compliance and ad-hoc financial management coordination of unrestricted and restricted NN funds
- Ensure the resources are allocated as planned. Monthly Expenses report should be reviewed against the budget and forecast and ensure the expenses are reflected as per the planned internal budget
- Support NN finance integration and budgeting with the different teams (recurrent meeting's coordination and ad-hoc support). Detail in a standard budget format the needed resources for the activities and fields, and for the different partnerships, in coordination with the teams and the Ashoka country offices.
- Manage accounting tasks and processes: monthly bookings, expenses reclasses coordination with Ashoka offices, and closing the funding sources in Salesforce and in Ashoka's books
- Creating/follow up Salesforce (SF) opportunity page which reflects key information about this Partnerships/program founding sources.
- Program vendors management: NN team tools payment follows up: license of tools management, inventory; ad-hoc vendor payment matters.
- Ensure cash-related tasks: cash provision, cash flow, security of cash, control over transactions, timely and secured payments (to Ashoka offices, vendors, consultants), reimbursements and Ashoka cards, Cash requests follow up/liaison
- Monitor adherence to policies set by Global Finance. Coordinate with and obtain advice from (internally) Global Finance team, local Ashoka Finance Teams, Partnership teams (external) payroll agency, as and when needed
Skills & Requirements
- Finance degree.
- +3 years’ experience in a finance position.
- Fluent English & Spanish; Other languages are an asset.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook. Experience of Salesforce & NetSuite’s is an asset.
- Data accuracy, attention to detail, financial analysis and reporting are your key strengths.
- Excellent organizational skills, time management, priority setting and multitasking skills.
- A trusted partner, able to form good personal relationships. Who can cope with different time zones and with different cultures and language barriers.
- Desire to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment with a diverse group of smart, caring colleagues who want to make a meaningful change in the world.
- Ability to work both individually and as part of a team with efficiency and diplomacy to sensitively manage difficult conversations and situations with the ability to remain flexible and upbeat in a fast-moving organization.
- Ideal start date: As soon as possible.
- Commitment: Full time 40 Hours a week (flexible working arrangements will be considered with the right candidate).
- Ability to work remotely.
- Location: MadridA
Ashoka offers a competitive package in line with the other social sector organisations. The salary range for this position is 25.000€-30.000€ per annum.
Applicants should send a cover letter and CV to Chris Rasugu, Next Now Talent & Ops Manager:
Ashoka has a rigorous screening process for hiring staff at all career stages. All applicants for all positions must possess the following qualities along with the appropriate degree of experience:
- Entrepreneurship/Intrapreneurship: Compelled to take creative initiative and ownership (e.g., founding an organisation or company, starting a movement, or re-shaping the work of an existing organisation). Demonstrates relentless and realistic how-to-thinking and passion for seeing their ideas come to life.
- Understanding and belief in the Everyone a Changemaker vision: Understands and believes the Everyone a Changemaker vision at a gut level. To be able to innately “get” this, candidates should have a broad and inquisitive intellectual and a thinking pattern that connects the dots between historical trends and current social context.
- Emotional and Social Intelligence: Ability to work efficiently and respectfully in teams, putting organisational/team goal first (personal glory second).
- Ethical Fibre: Exceptionally strong ethical behavior; self-reflective, strong empathy skills, trustworthy.
- Self-Definition: Expects that changing the world in big ways and on a continental scale is what they will do in life.