Ashoka is hiring an
Position at Ashoka
Ashoka is on an audacious mission – to create a world where everyone is a changemaker i.e. a world where everyone has the agency and skills to make a positive change in their families or communities. It is only in such a world where the solutions will outrun our social problems. With its global network of over 3.500 leading social entrepreneurs (Ashoka Fellows), 10,000 youth ventures, 180+ changemaker schools, and 30+ changemaker campuses – as well as a community of 20,000+ innovators on Changemakers.com – Ashoka works with strategic partners to empower people with the skills to create solutions for the good of all in a world of constant change. About the Role Do details make your world go round? Here in the Finance and Operations team, we know that changing the world depends on getting the little things right. We’d like to find someone who shares this understanding. We’re looking for a Team Angel – someone who provides the team with support, tools and resources to boost their productivity and nurtures a positive and collaborative working environment. Our ideal candidate would be a natural problem-solver, a serial-organizer, a detailoriented coordinator. Someone with strong organizational, time management and multitasking skills, who will be self-motivated and a strong team player. The Ashoka Regional team in Indonesia operates with a small team of colleagues spread across the globe and working closely with Southeast Asia countries (Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, Philippine). We engage with an exciting and large group of constituents also from around the globe: Ashoka Fellows and staff, leading business entrepreneurs and executives, thematic experts, strategy consultants, media mavens, foundations, corporations, and youth leaders. This is a great opportunity to experience working in the not-for-profit / social enterprise sector for a globally -recognized organization and take on considerable responsibility.
Role and Responsibilities :
B-1 Human Resources:
▪ To help coordination on-boarding and off-boarding of interns, consultants and other staff
▪ To help liaising with Ashoka Global HR Team and local team.
B-2 Database Management and Communication: Creating and implementing systems to manage Ashoka contacts/networks and communications using salesforce.
B-3 To assist General Program Support: Assist new employees, consultants, and interns to access and use Ashoka systems and tools;
Required Skills and Experience •
• Fluent English
• Highly organized and detail-oriented
• Finance management knowledge
• Time management and multitasking skills
• Able to work on own initiative, proactively and independently and under minimal supervision
• Strong team member
• Communication skill with different audiences
• Proficient in Excel/Word
• Familiar with Salesforce and general IT tools (desirable)
• University degree in finance, accounting, economics or business management
• Less than 1 year of professional experience in a finance and operation role.
• Motivated to grow and learn new skills Personal Qualities Ashoka has a rigorous screening process for hiring staff at all career stages.
All applicants for all positions must possess the following qualities along with the appropriate degree of experience: