The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you!
The Role: The Application Specialist is responsible for providing technical and product expertise, as well as researching and gathering data in order to understand how to meet the requestor's consulting need or solve the problem.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Act as Subject Matter Expert for the specific vertical that they are supporting, and work closely with the associated focus factories.
- Provide product and sizing recommendations for customer requirements; estimates and quotes prices of assigned products.
- Advises customers regarding product application performance construction, maintenance, and parts selection.
- Recommends alternative solutions where possible. Requires some sales acumen.
- Interpret customer's technical specifications, drawings and instructions.
- Prepare Submittal Drawings for approval.
- Collaborate closely with sales representatives to meet customer requirements and delivery expectations
- Review industry literature, attend trade shows and maintain contact with industry technical and professional groups to maintain current knowledge of applications of product line and competition activity.
- Prepare priced proposals.
- Answer any technical related questions from Customer Service Representative for processing BTO orders.
- Coordinate the modification of standard equipment to customer requirements with Customer Service, Manufacturing and US plants.
- Assemble technical information in support of product applications, training and installation and operation manuals.
- Modify/Create Build of Materials for Guelph Built Product
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
**Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Post Secondary Education: 2-3 year college diploma in an Engineering program (Mechanical Engineering/Technology or Chemical Engineering/Technology preferred); or 4-5 Year University Engineering Degree (Mechanical/Chemical Engineering). Certified Engineering Technologist designation is an asset. (C.E.T.)
- Minimum 4-5 years experience in a similar position and environment.
- Excellent computer skills, including, but not limited to Microsoft 365.
- Familiarity with use of ERP systems (ideally BPCS), product sizing/configuration tools.
- Customer Support experience in a manufacturing environment preferred.
- Possesses strong organizational and project management skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including the ability to demonstrate courtesy and tact when dealing with customers and co-workers.
- General technical knowledge of pump types and their applications and components; electric motors; fluid flow in open and closed systems; and materials of manufacture.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, Working Parents Networks and Non-Native English Speakers and Allies.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
(The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters and must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Long periods for sitting, answering phone calls, working at a computer, infrequent ability to move around
- Dealing with unhappy or angry customers
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.