The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you!
The Role: Xylem seeks to hire an Applications Engineering Supervisor. This position will be responsible for leading a regional team to provide cordial, timely, and accurate Vertical Turbine Pump product application and quotation assistance to customers and distributors. This role will work together with marketing, and field sales to understand the needs and desires of the customers and provide them with service levels that meet or exceed customer expectations. The Applications Engineering Supervisor will be the first point of escalation for regional questions or concerns and will oversea large projects within their customer base.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Direct supervision of 3-4 Applications Engineers of varying experience levels.
- Provide optimal design selections based on customer duty requirements.
- Select materials based on application requirements while also being cost effective to both the factory and end user.
- Work with purchasing team to obtain costing for components for nonstock items.
- Provide selection and quotation training to external customers.
- Prioritize and distribute projects amongst the team according to individual capabilities, needs, and ability to win.
- Oversee large quotations and orders that are being produced in the region to provide experienced guidance for quality execution.
- Maintain CRM funnel to ensure opportunity visibility by field sales team.
- Receive customer purchase orders for quoted projects and gather pertinent information for submittal creation and order execution.
- Achieve annual standard margin targets.
- Achieve annual revenue targets.
- Customer satisfaction and retention.
- Update and research recommendations for product and system improvements.
- Project pricing and lead time negotiations.
- Execute negotiations for large project terms and conditions.
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering required.
- 3+ years' relevant experience
- Must have knowledge of pump hydraulics, mechanics and construction, common metallurgical uses. Strong math and engineering skills required.
- Ability to take a leadership role in group meetings and projects.
- Excellent interpersonal relationship building skills with strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work with ambiguity, manage multiple projects at once, and to review technical documents.
- Professional Engineering (PE) or Pump Systems Assessment Professional (PSAP) certification.
- Salesforce, MathCAD, and Pump Selection Software experience is a plus.
- Experience working in detailed municipal contracts and/or high spec Industrial applications
- Experience managing projects directly with installing contractors and/or end users.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, Working Parents Networks and Non-Native English Speakers and Allies.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
(The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters and must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility.
- Regularly required to listen, talk to, and see employees and/or customers on a daily basis.
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Safety protocols and PPE to be closely observed.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours with extended hours as required to meet customer requirements
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.