The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
What will I be doing?
Working in a team, the Sales Support Applications Engineer is a specialist position required to support Xylem colleagues during the preparation or directly prepare designs and quotations associated with our Wastewater Treatment product portfolio. Specifically the role is associated with System Design and Preparing Tenders of Biological Treament Systems using Aeration and Mixing.
Supporting Internal Sales Managers and follow up sales work in negotiating and communicating with External Customers.
Build and grow market share using effective internal and external partnering involving coordinated sales, marketing, training and sales / business development activities.
- Coordination and preparation of designs, tenders, proposals and bid documents, primarily in the EMEA region but also supporting globally as required by the business.
- Attend site visits / audits to establish project needs in order to assist bid development.
- Customer visits to end users and contractors in order to understand tender requirements during the bid.
- Prepare design concepts to Internal Sales Managers and External Customers.
- Preparation of system costings for municipal and industrial applications.
- Support preparation of PID’s, GA´s and other Sales drawings.
- Assist with the development of sales presentations and proposals.
- Responsible for regular tracking proposals / projects in coordination with Commercial Teams (e.g. SOP funnel calls).
- Support CT‘s during DOA processes.
- Conduct trainings to Commercial teams, distributors and consultants in agreement with Product Management.
- Ensure trouble free order process / hand-over to order execution team.
- Identify new sales opportunities.
- Represent company at trade fairs, association meetings and conferences.
- Close collaboration with CT’s to ensure high win rate on projects.
- Liaise with other company functions to ensure achievement of objectives.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Experience and knowledge of Water and / or Wastewater water treatment technologies and equipment including Aeration, Mixers and Controls.
- Work experience of a progressively responsible nature preparing tenders of process / treatment equipment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, written and oral communication skills in English, (other languages a plus) analytical skills, problem-solving skills and a focus on customer service.
- Ability to manage their own time and priorities tasks to ensure completion in a timely manner
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Ability to use CAD packages beneficial
- Diploma or above in an Engineering discipline.
- Experience in working in an international environment.
- Ability and willingness for international travel at reasonable extend.