The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
The Role: Leopold, a Xylem Brand, seeks a self-driven, motivated Application Engineer to review applications defined by consulting engineers, sales representatives, sales companies, and customers for suitability of Filtration products and then, in accordance with established Company standard procedures and policies, prepare literature, proposals, cost estimates, proposal drawings, etc. as required to support the global sales effort. Xylem’s Leopold brand provides filtration solutions for water and wastewater treatment public utility applications.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Develop design proposals utilizing Xylem process design tools, preliminary drawings and P&ID diagrams, and budget pricing using customer provided project specifications as directed by the Tender Support Manager.
- Interface with Product Manager, Purchasing Manager and Engineering Manager as required to develop tender deliverables.
- Develop work product methods to improve efficiency and customer response time.
- Review customer requirements (engineer’s plans, specifications, etc) and identify Leopold opportunities. Compare specification requirements with the Leopold products to determine applicability of Leopold product offering.
- Prepare tender package, consisting of technical proposals, drawings, cost estimates, standard pricing, production and delivery schedules, P&ID diagrams, and additional as required information in accordance with existing Company standard procedures, policies, and cost information.
- Manage the tender process, ensuring all milestone dates are met, all pricing, documentation is prepared and stored in accordance with Company standard procedures, and all database information is properly entered for each prospect.
- Manage project hand-off tasks for orders received.
- Assist and support the Tender Support Manager in other related activities as directed. This may include order reconciliation, system design, submittal preparation, fabrication drawing preparation, O&M preparation, and commissioning.
- Support the risk assessment process and provide process and costing input.
- Update sales tools and tender documentation to ensure a professional standard and quality is maintained
- Interface and communicate with the Xylem Sales companies on a daily basis.
- Other duties that may be assigned by Supervisor
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- BS in Engineering - Chemical, Mechanical, Civil, or Environmental preferred.
- 2 years of experience in engineer-to-order projects, system/process engineering, mechanical design, manufacturing, field service/startup, pilot plant operation, or sales is preferred.
- Demonstrate excellent computer, communication, presentation and analytical skills. A working knowledge of Microsoft Office Products is required.
- Familiarity with (work or education) performing engineering-related computer aided design and drafting, using AutoCAD or CREO is preferred.
- Fluent in English, multi-lingual capabilities desirable.
- Good communication skills are required.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
- Regularly required to sit, stand, walk and reach with hands and arms.
- Maneuver around in water and wastewater clarification and filtration installations.
- Frequently required to communicate orally.
- Ability to use hands and fingers dexterously to operate office equipment.
- Ability to lift and carry up equipment/materials of least 25 pounds.
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Job Site: New and rehabilitated Water and Wastewater plant construction sites.
- Travel: Domestic and international travel via airplane, car or other transportation vehicles to customer locations to assist in sales and project execution activities (up to 10%).
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.