Ricardo is hiring an
Role: Analyst Consultant - Heat Decarbonisation Auditor
Location: UK Flexible
Salary range: £25,000 - £31,000
Role ID: 2022-1661
Our vision is to create a safe and sustainable world
Ricardo plc is a global strategic, environmental, and engineering consulting company, listed on the London Stock Exchange. With over 100 years of engineering excellence and employing close to 3,000 employees in more than 20 countries, we provide exceptional levels of expertise in delivering leading-edge and innovative cross-sector sustainable products and solutions. Every day, we enable our customers to solve the most complex and dynamic challenges to help achieve a safe and sustainable world.
Energy & Environment, one of Ricardo plc’s five operating business units, is a leader in sustainability consultancy, solving complex environmental challenges through industry-leading analysis, advice and data. With more than 40 years of heritage in addressing air quality, environmental and sustainability issues, our customers value us for our deep understanding and breadth of services covering the entire value chain from evidence, policy & strategy to implementation.
We are currently looking for an Analyst Consultant - Heat Decarbonisation Auditor to join our Heat Decarbonisation team.
The successful candidate will be part of an established team of auditors working across our renewable heat audit programmes, including Ofgem’s Boiler Upgrade Scheme, and the Non-Domestic and Domestic Renewable Heat Incentive scheme, but with plenty of opportunity to develop your own work streams and progress your consultancy career across other projects within the team. You will have proven experience and knowledge from working in the renewable heat sector, including biomass boilers, heat pumps and solar thermal. You will have excellent numeracy and analytical skills, strong writing and communication skills, a proactive, organised approach and a commitment to producing high quality work with a high level of attention to detail. The role involves visiting a diverse range of sites where renewable heat technologies are installed, and will involve travel and occasional overnight stays, depending on your location.
• Undertake site-based audits of renewable heating systems.
• Produce high-quality, audit reports as part of project delivery.
• Utilise consistent audit approach, using established processes and tools.
• Supporting team leaders in preparing tenders and proposals for new work.
• Support programme manager in reporting, planning and execution of audits.
• Contribute to proposals for winning new work.
• Join the broader Sustainable Infrastructure and Operations practice, network with colleagues, and engage in other internal project opportunities.
Skills and knowledge
• Knowledge of renewable heat technologies and systems.
• Understanding of heat metering.
• Data analysis and experience of applying these to energy and heat projects.
• Ability to plan, prioritise and manage own workload.
• Continuous improvement mindset.
• A Bachelors (2.1 or above) or Masters, in an engineering, renewable energy or physical science subject, or equivalent professional and technical experience.
• Strong attention to detail.
• A high level of numeracy and numerical analysis.
• A professional and diligent approach.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
• Be flexible, proactive, resilient and enthusiastic.
• Be able to travel within the UK.
• Be able to work independently and demonstrate initiative, as well as operate effectively as part of a team.
• Familiarity with the RHI scheme and regulations.
• Technical understanding of biomass boilers, heat pumps and solar thermal.
• Knowledge of sustainability reporting requirements and Biomass Suppliers List.
You will need to hold a Full UK Driving license for this position, as the post will include UK travel.
Ricardo is an exciting and rewarding place to work and you have the opportunity to make a difference. You will work with teams of talented, dedicated, and supportive individuals. Alongside having a fantastic opportunity to develop your career with us through our broad range of projects, mentoring opportunities and a personalised approach to your learning and development. We are always keen to hear from people who have driven, ambition and a flair for innovative thinking.
Wellbeing and work life balance
We offer flexible approaches to work, whether that's working from home, being in the office, or as a hybrid worker. We're happy to discuss flexible working arrangements. Wellbeing is at the core to our culture, allowing employees to flourish and to achieve their full potential. Our People are important to us, and we take pride in our wellbeing programmes and policies that support individuals including flexible working, carers policy, mental health first aiders and readily available support through our extensive Employee Assistance programme.
Diversity, Equality and Inclusion statement
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person's potential, and we'll help you reach yours. We have an ambitious diversity, equality, and inclusion approach as explained here. We value diversity; recognising that a more diverse workforce creates a richer and more varied working environment. Diversity also drives innovation, by allowing us to offer our clients the best consultancy service that we can. As part of our commitment to engage positively and pro-actively with all our employees and to ensure an inclusive culture, we are a recognised as a 'disability confident' employer.
Our core benefits include 25 days' annual leave, plus 8 flexible bank holidays, a competitive company pension scheme, life assurance and professional subscriptions reimbursement. We also offer a wide range of flexible benefits to suit your lifestyle.
Once you have submitted your application a member of our Recruitment Team will be in touch. Please be aware that the timing can vary dependent on the volume of applications that we receive for each role and in some cases, we may start to review applications prior to the closing date.